Washing the bike

beenabusa

Registered
Was wondering how everyone here washes there bike and what has the nicest results. I have a few friends who say if you touch you bike water its like acid :laugh:. Most of them say they just use a damp rag then dry it with another rag, and others just use the old carwash method. Was wondering how you guys do it or any good products out for bike cleaning.:cool:

thanks!

Old carwash method has worked for me. That along with my Zaino wax and I'm all set.

depends on how dirty it is... i just use honda polish... if i get caught in the ran, the old carwash method works... just have to lube the chain...

Meah.... cleaning takes away from valuable riding time...... :laugh:

RtFrontQtr_7.jpg

Water like acid? Maybe they're ON some acid. It won't hurt anything. I've been washin mine with water and meguiers nxt generation car wash ever since I got it. If you don't use water you'll wind up scratching the crap out of your bike. I'm sure that's not what you're goin for, so use some water. Just go out and ride after you're done to evaporate all the water you can't get to to dry off if you're worried about rust.

Warm water, A soft rag or towel to get off the Bugs and Bugs and Bugs and Debree, Then Mothers Wash and Wax.

I always use some type of spray on glass cleaner for the whole bike, then go back with some good wax.

+1 on Meguiers
I mist mine to get it wet, spray it down with Bug'n'Tar remover, then let it set for a few minutes before hosing it off. Chamois to dry, and wax as needed.

I remove bugs every time I pull mine back into the garage, get them off while they are fresh before they harden and you have to work to get them off. I use meguiers and a clean towel to do this, only part I use ample amounts of water is when I clean the rims. I will bucket wash it if it is really dirty, such as being caught in the rain, but I do my best to keep the water away from my gauges and all electronics.

At the end of the day, they are made to be rode in the rain. Use the method that works best for the job at hand!

Take off plastics and wash metal and rubber underpinnings with simple green and brush. Rinse and blow dry with leaf blower-this will take water out of cracks. Regrease pivot points and reoil chain. I wash plastics both back and front off the bike, towel dry and then dry with leaf blower. Bike is as clean as a whistle

Water like acid? Maybe they're ON some acid. It won't hurt anything. I've been washin mine with water and meguiers nxt generation car wash ever since I got it. If you don't use water you'll wind up scratching the crap out of your bike. I'm sure that's not what you're goin for, so use some water. Just go out and ride after you're done to evaporate all the water you can't get to to dry off if you're worried about rust.

agreed! you saved me some typing. :beerchug:

I spray it down with a hose, and try to get all the dirt and bugs and assorted crap off first. Then, I get these really soft blue towls that I have that are almost like velvet, and wipe whatever i couldnt get off with water, towel dry. Im gonna start using the Honda Pro Line Spray Cleaner and Polish, too, my mechanic showed me this stuff it is liquid awesome in a can!

ummm, car wash pressure washer here. just be carefully. and in between I use glass cleaner. winter time when she is on the stands is when I polish and give her a lill TLC.

Meah.... cleaning takes away from valuable riding time...... :laugh:

RtFrontQtr_7.jpg

this is the best way to get the bugs off you bike. Just wet it and clean your bike it will get every single one of then out, it work fine don't need to worry about scratching the paint I used in busa and cars all the time.

bounce.jpg

Back