Warning: right on track miami fl, rip off

in June sometime I told debi she left a motorcycle glove left in my trailer, true to my word and attepted to drop her glove at her store, they closed a hr early, I called her cell telling her I was there, Debi asked just to leave it at my store so they could pick it up. On June 26th Loius ( Debie's boyfriend and parts person ) stopped in my store to get debie's motorcycle glove she left in my trailer. The girl working , not going to give her name at this time, called me and asked if it was ok, I said " yes and ask them to give me my quick shifter they have" Loius said " we are in the process of boxing up all tim's stuff so we can give it to him"

I have not recived one single item since this point and time, no return calls , nothing, been calling them for well over a month and now it has come to this, where is this box they are talking about?

Not one to slam people, but I will add my 2-Cents worth. I have been to their shop one (1) time, and was hardly impressed. Kind of a filthy dirt place, with junky bikes parked inside, parallel to I guess a make-ship showroom. Honestly they had a few helmets, some clothing apparel and little odds & ends for sale.

Then I guess you would call it the shop was a total joke. A small counter with excuse my language shi* everywhere behind it on the floor. A couple bike lifts, and tools everywhere, and the mechanics sitting back there talking smack, and arguing about something, which I could not understand due to a language barrier.

Me personally, not an impressive facility at all! Once was enough for me, would not even have thought about bring my motorcycles there for any type of service work, regardless of the need.

You might have done yourself a favor, by having a falling-out with them, and now you can move on to better facility.

Matt

<!--EDIT|mjb1206
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155088306 -->

Not one to slam people, but I will add my 2-Cents worth. I have been to their shop one (1) time, and was hardly impressed. Kind of a filthy dirt place, with junky bikes parked inside, parallel to I guess a make-ship showroom. Honestly they had a few helmets, some clothing apparel and little odds & ends for sale.

Then I guess you would call it the shop was a total joke. A small counter with excuse my language shi* everywhere behind it on the floor. A couple bike lifts, and tools everywhere, and the mechanics sitting back there talking smack, and arguing about something, which I could not understand due to a language barrier.

Me personally, not an impressive facility at all! Once was enough for me, would not even have thought about bring my motorcycles there for any type of service work, regardless of the need.

You might have done yourself a favor, by having a falling-out with them, and now you can move on to better facility.

Matt

I would think they really took a beating on the motorcycle boards, not good for business, and really how they responded and acted proved my point beyond doubt, trying to make the best of it I would think on there end would be a guess

Yeap, good news for sure.
cool.gif

Filed a complaint to BBB today, and now seeking criminal charges for theft against Right on Track Owner Debi Kight and her Employee Jamie
you cannot file with the BBB and small claims in court later... At least for most states. I went after Compaq in another state with BBB years ago (they fixed situation). But on the BBB it says that if you file with them, and regardless of the outcome, you can't file a small claims later.

This is what I suggest you do, go to Office Depot and get a decent micro-cassette recorder. Go back to Right on Track and rehash the hold thing with Debbie and her BF with the recorder running. KEEP YOUR COOL! Let THEM escalate the matter on tape, PROVOKE them civilly if need be.

Then you can do whatever you want with that tape in hand... LEO, small claims, DA's office, BBB being the LAST resort. In MOST cases the BBB has not real authority other than logging a negative against that business on their record. ONLY is it a obvious fraud, then they will file with the Automotive Repair Bearau for a criminial investigation.

Good luck... Or your other alternative may be more "drastic and off the books".

just got a email from Debi are Right on Track, looks like they are doing the right thing

here is a copy of her email

"Right On Track is going to replace the quickshifter. You will be called when it arrives. This in no way admits responsibility in this matter. This situation needs to be resolved and eliminated."

I will keep you posted

Been kinda following this, glad you might get your parts, hope you do. So many places don't care if you go away mad they just want you to go away. Staying and being a thorn is the only way sometimes. well there are other ways but that's not for here. good luck, can't wait to hear you got your stuff.

That is considered theft any way you cut it. It is under $300 so it is a felony but if the total of missing parts is over $300 the sho owner will get a nice set of barely used silver bracelets as he is an accessory. The mechanic with your parts on his bike will also get a nice set of silver bracelets. If you have a witness to their threats of causing you bodily harm this is also a criminal offense. My friend you have very specific and legal rights. use them. The catch is you have to be able to prove your claim. If you can do that you can give the shop owner and his mechanic a county sponsored vacation AND have legal ammunition for a civil case. If you have a good lawyer you could probably re-coup a LOT of the 20K you've spent there ;)
+100, go after them, don't let them get away with this shitte. Be nice until it's time not to be nice. News flash, It's time now not to be nice.

update, Right on Track emailed me today

"Tire and quickshifter are here ready for pick up"

going tomorrow to get them, will keep you posted

went today to get my items, debi was on the phone,and asked Aris can you handle this? she would not even look at me, he boyfriend louis never said a word just looked at me, aris the other owner handed me my items , I said thanks and out the door i went. I sure hope I don't have to post on this topic anymore, and I don't have to say anything about how I was treated by Debi.

I would like to thank everyone on the board for helping me resolve this problem

Tim

Back