New StableMate -- RACE/TRACK BIKE!

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I have the "Track is my new CRaCK" thing in my head right now, so I figured it was time to step out and find myself a true track bike, dedicated only to track days, and hopefully maybe ome club racing in my future (after I get my skills up obviously, i got a long way to go)

Here she is!
2004 Yamaha R1 -- Graves Racing SuperSport

- SkarkSkins race bodywork -- Shogun Paint Scheme
- All OHLINS fork internals, steering damper, rear spring
- Full LeoVince titanium dual exhaust.
- PCIII mapped.
- DynoJet quick shifter.
- Michelin Power Race front and rear (190/55/17)
- Graves adjustable rearsets.

This bike is gonna be some kinda FUN out on track days this season. I have started shopping around for new race bodywork, thinkin bout going with a full Hotbodies set, maybe paint it Yamaha's RED to match the OEM tank currently on the bike.

Pic #1 of 4...

R1_pic1_resized.jpg

Pic #3 of 4...
My two babies in the garage. Yes, the cars stay in the driveway, bikes have it made in the garage!

101_1338.jpg

Awseome bro,congrats..I see the busa is the ugly step child today..you got the new bike on the pit bulls front and rear..while the busa lay on the ground looking at the front stand wishing someone would get her off the ground..haha

beerchug.gif

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah DEVL, I (and Adam) was able to talk the guy out of the front pit bull, the rear came with it. I was also able to get him to part with a set of Chicken Hawk tire warmers. Little did we all know that they were he POLE SETTER style warmers (Retail is $540) and he gave them to me for $250! I made out like a BADNIT on this deal!!

cool.gif

So when does the moving truck show up?  Where the hell is all the stuff that completely fills an average garage?

I need a geometry degree to get both cars, the Busa and all the other stuff in my garage.

beerchug.gif

Hell yeah Chemist!!! Now that's a good learning tool right there. Now you got me eager to see that bike and do a trackday with you guys!

so... what kind of cash does one part with for a bike like that ready to go? sure looks good...

so... what kind of cash does one part with for a bike like that ready to go?      sure looks good...
Hey Bogus,
Guy was askin $5400, i offered $5000 cash and he parted with it. He has another R1 in his garage, just wanted to stick with one bike since his business he had went belly up last year.

Mechanically this bike seems to be in great shape. Cranks fine, idles very well, reaches normal operating temp fine. Suspension and everything feel new to me, but its cause I've never been on a bike with this much elaborate suspension work.

Oh come on TRACK DAY!!
drools.gif
drools.gif

drools.gif

How did you find the bike, any certain publication or website?
O yea, congrats and,,,,, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,   j/k
bowdown.gif

Very nice!!

You are definitely slidding into the deep end of trackdays
firedevil.gif

The last indicator of how far gone you are is by the number of tires stacked in your garage
laugh.gif

0-4 tires not too bad
4-6 tires not looking good
6-10 tires get out before its too late
More than 10 you're done, stick a fork in ya!

I have 6 tires stacked in my garage
sadnews.gif

Back