Air Shifter Vs Auto Shifter Vs No Shifter?

s3ns4i

Registered
good day m8's

So i have been talking to a few of my friends and one of them has an air shifter on his bike ( he races on track). While talking to another friend during lunch the other day, he stated that one doesn't need an air sifter or even to use the clutch when up shifting.

So my question is.. If you can shift without using they clutch, then whey are people using air, nitrious etc auto shifters?

Sorry I'm still new to all this

~ninja

Good day m8's

So I have been talking to a few of my friends and one of them has an air shifter on his bike ( he races on track ) .

While talking to another friend during lunch the other day,
he stated that one doesn't need an air sifter or even to use the clutch when up shifting .

So my question is . . .

If you can shift without using they clutch,
then whey are people using air,
nitrous etc auto shifters ?

Sorry I'm still new to all this .

~ninja

I have an air shifter on both my Gixxer and my Busa. You can install an auto shift box to operate the air shifter. Personally
I don't care to.
When shifting with an air shifter the clutch is not used. There is a kill box installed as part of the air shifter. This
kills the engine for a fraction of a second. That allows the air cylinder to move the shift lever. Not sure what you have in
mind. Or what you plan to do with your bike. This is a VERY Simple explanation. Probably best to talk to someone that has
installed and is using an air shifter. Have them show you the components. And explain how they work to make the shift.

for many it comes down to power. I simply can't hold on with 3 fingers and pull in the clutch with two under full boost. and u will shift quicker period no matter what anyone tells u. and if u set it up thru a Raptor Tach you can have it shift automatically at a given RPM. its like having an auto trans.

and yea u can shift without the clutch at slow speeds. I do it all the time jus blip the throttle a little and upshift. I wud NOT do it under WOT.

u can use Nitrous or compressed air to activate the ram to shift. most use compressed air like Co2 or have a self inflating pump mounted in the tail section that pressurizes an air tank like one in a custom swingarm

but make no mistake it will break ur balls one way or the other. you will need a kill box and the only person who sells a kill box that won't set off ur F1 light is no longer making them last I heard but maybe he still is not really sure but I bought an extra one just in case I needed one myself one day but an air shifter will come will all kinda of little gremlins that you will chase often. solenoids leaking, pumps failing, pumps leaking etc....

honestly, I wud NOT get an air shifter if I were you. I wud simply get a Quick shifter which will allow you to shift clutch less and you won't have any of the BS the air shifter will give you.

Back