want some new rubber for me sports car. Idea's?

Don't know how many people like them, but I have Hancook Ventus Sports on my car and am taking almost 90 degree tuns at 65 mph with the tire sticking and no squeeling. 245/45/18's:thumbsup:

I'll second VA's vote for Nitto's. Though they are on my truck the traction in both dry and wet is unbelievable.........although they smell funny ???

Honestly, ive had people ask me "whats the better tire (insert brand here) or (insert brand here) in your opinion?"

My response is usually something like "Which is better, Nike or Reebok?"

Essentially, just about EVERYBODY makes decent tires. As for whats suited to you, however, some might have a slight edge over others. For a high performance/max performance summer tire, you can get a good tire from Michelin, Pirelli, Continental, Bridgestone, Firestone, Yokohama, Sumitomo, Hankook, Goodyear, Uniroyal, BF Goodrich, and Dunlop. And those are just ones off the top of my head. Read the reviews of people at tire rack and see what they have to say. Or, if you've been happy with the pirellis that are on there, go with them again. At least thats a known product for you.

Well since you've got folks offering .02 on tires they probably have no experience with, and you've got bench racers touting something else, and others focusing on budget?

I'd say you're right back to where you started Rub! :rofl:

Might have to do your own research on the interwebs.:thumbsup:

Well since you've got folks offering .02 on tires they probably have no experience with, and you've got bench racers touting something else, and others focusing on budget?

I'd say you're right back to where you started Rub! :rofl:

Might have to do your own research on the interwebs.:thumbsup:

Fug it.I'll go with what the maker used in the first place. (and by maker,I don't mean god).

German car power....:thumbsup:

RSD.

Nexum / Nexus ? cheap and good :thumbsup:

How can something be "good"....and "cheap". ??? kiddin' there are deals out there,I have snagged a few in the last week or 2...but I try not to use those 2 words in the same sentence.:laugh:

RSD.

I've used tire rack a lot I found the reviews and the ratings are usually right on. they have a scale that goes from 1-10 for wear wet traction dry traction comfort etc. it's been right on every time.

Anybody have a brand of tread they prefere over the others.Its for Audi TT.I love the Perrelli's that are on there and will go with them again,unless someone has a better idea.

Cool, you've got a TT, too. :thumbsup:

Got some Nexen's on mine that I've tracked, running 235's on the front, 265's on the rear. They're cheap but suck now that they are wearing down. Going to get one of new models of Yokohamas soon. Their sets are getting almost as good as the Michellins without the high price.

Cool, you've got a TT, too. :thumbsup:

Got some Nexen's on mine that I've tracked, running 235's on the front, 265's on the rear. They're cheap but suck now that they are wearing down. Going to get one of new models of Yokohamas soon. Their sets are getting almost as good as the Michellins without the high price.

Hey Narc,nice to see ya.:thumbsup: Keep in touch,I need good TT advice.:bowdown:

RSD.

I used to run Yokohama YK420's on my seven-series, loved every minute of it !!!! :super:

Hey Narc,nice to see ya.:thumbsup: Keep in touch,I need good TT advice.:bowdown:

RSD.

You have the new gen?

Got an old '01-225 with APR tune. Love it.

MiscPics073.jpg

I've actually USED and enjoyed Falkens and Pirelli's the most. My Pirelli's stuck and run wonderfully with tight yet absorbing sidwalls, and the Falken's are just race ready - and feel like it too. Very harsh. I prefer Pirelli, but they do wear out freaking fast

When I was researching this exact same topic, the F1s were on top.

Back