any 1 a PC expert? Rubbah could use help

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
my pc was all boggy an' slow , so I bought an XP Upgrade for it(had windows ME,I know I know) anyway , now its pretty much fugged . I somehow managed to lose a partition on my hard drive , my hardrive has shrunk too , it seems . When I scroll down pages they move all choppy....yadda yadda ya.

anybody feel like talkin' Rubbah thru these little probs ?

I'm not sure how I'm going to do it , if I start messin' with the 'puter,I'll lose contact with the outside world (and my helper) . Unless someone wants to phone me and tell me what to do . I'd take it in to a shop , but I need the fuggin thing . I've got parts in transit all over the planet etc etc.

any ideas people ? maybe that remote assistance thing?

can't do much for remote assist... but the partition thing isn't all that big a deal. At worst you may have to buy a program like partition magic to fix it... I dont' understand why upgrading to xp would have screwed the pooch up though. .

shoulda stuck with ME,,.. or downgraded to 98.. xp blows dog pee pees

xp pro is the best, xp home sux.

xp is a memory hog! more than any other in its past. if you dont have over 128mb, your gonna be suckin green eggs. see how much of memory you have and lets go from there..............

Oh, very important, make sure you go to your Video Card's manufacturer site and download/install the very lated video driver for YOUR CARD and XP!

I'm goin to da fridge for a Guinness.......................................
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

xp pro is the best, xp home sux.

xp is a memory hog! more than any other in its past. if you dont have over 128mb, your gonna be suckin green eggs. see how much of memory you have and lets go from there..............
2 sticks of 128 , so 256 .
it just did a shutdown on me,NT authority.....here we go again

I agree with cache, except I say 256MB minimum for XP Pro. And, at least a 733 Mhz PIII.

Ego is right about the partition magic (or other similar product).

Before upgrading did you update your virus definitions and do a full system scan? There are some nasty ones out there right now.

I had that virus... "nt authority shutting down in *secs"

you have to go to norton.com or symantec.com and get the fix. if you have a fast internet connection, you can download it before the next shutdown. Once you have the fix, disconnect your internet cable before you remove the virus. It can only shut you down while on the internet.....

keep us updated.....

thx Cache...

thx Barnicle...

thx fer nuthin' Ego...
guns.gif
Monday Mornin' Quarterbacks

ya sure.....now ya tell me....hehehehe.

hav agood 1 all.....RSD.

PS tomorrow I'll get XP Pro , scrape the thing clean again,an' go from there .

might not be a virus. Something could be causing the services to crash which will make your computer restart.

Oh.....and Cache$$ is right...........your machine has a virus. Don't freak!!...it wont delete your data or anything, it'll just make your machine a dog and do the re-boot thing. Its actually harmless to your data...........just a programmers idea of a funny joke.

Back