A new car!!!

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Took this car out for a spin this afternoon and just as soon as we got back to the dealer I went ahead and drove home in my old Civic. No, I didn't buy The S2000. But I took a pic so I can freak my parents out. I'm shopping for a convertable and love Honda's , but the s2000 was $5k more than I want to spend. Also drove a Miata but it was funky and pulled left when accellerating, and dived/pulled right on decelleration. And it wouldn't hold a strait line on teh freeway? ? ? WHAT IS THAT? ? ? Other Miata's I have driven were fine.... THIS one scared me! As a side, the S2000 had ALMOST NO WIND NOISE at freeway speed. Shocking but cool!
Anybody else here do the convertable thing? I prefer the small, go-kart feeling cars, over the big 10 passenger boats.

car.JPG

SHOWOFF!!!
laugh.gif
Just kiddin bro...go for it! Just watch out for the rain in your rain forest patch of Iowa.

Go for it. How could you NOT get it. It has a "START" button. Ya know like the Busa. Looks you!

You two send me $2500 each, and I PROMISE to take you for as many rides as I can when ever you are in town.
biggrin.gif
I'll even let you drive it.

You two send me $2500 each, and I PROMISE to take you for as many rides as I can when ever you are in town.  
biggrin.gif
 I'll even let you drive it.
Uh.... Did I say that car was you.. Awe man I was just kidding you should get something about 5k less man... Seriously its a nice car. Good luck in your decision.

This would be my move. But its about $79,997.00 dollars more than what I've budgeted to spend on a new convertable.
blush.gif

6conv_modelpg.jpg

So you spent a beautiful day test driving cars? What about ridin' the 'Busa? Come on! Where's your priorities? Hehe! The S2000 looks like a sweet vehicle. I'm trying to decide on what to get when I get home next year. Good luck with your decision!

5K?? You let 5K stop you?? What happened to negotiation???
You need to let ol' Raider help ya out!  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "999"|1089719747 -->

This would be my move. But its about $79,997.00 dollars more than what I've budgeted to spend on a new convertable.
blush.gif
Hey that's nice! And I could throw pocket bikes in the back seat.... oil washes right off leather, right? I don't think I've seen that model before. Looks very newish AND fun!

Hubby and I both have convertibles and love them!

He's got a Miata...I know guys have made fun of him having it, but I'll have to admit, it handles like a dream and corners better than anything else we own. I'd say the one you took for a spin was knocked out of line pretty bad...

Anyway, my hubby's Miata is a '92 and has nearly 180,000 miles on it, and it's still going strong, so I'd say it might not be a bad investment for the long haul if you like 'em...

My Mustang is fun, but it eats tires...wouldn't trade it for the Miata though!
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

BBSB, naw, this was an impulse stop on the way to that blue building in the background on the right. It was parked in the used lot so I figured it'd be cheaper than new - give it a whirl!
smile.gif

RaiderDM, yeah, I hate negotiating cars. I did some price reseach adn compareswith other sellers online and the price/quaily/mileage is right. I am certain they won't come down much and I wanna pay cash. I'm thinking used Stang or something cheap and nice with 4 seats.

Or maybe one of these:

reciprosaw3.jpg

Have you seen the NEW corvettes?
tounge.gif

Might be more in line with what you're willing to spend...
laugh.gif

corvette.jpg

Hey, Michelle, how's your 'stang noise at freeway speeds of 80-90ish for long trips? Do you have the V6 or V8? Guessing the 8 is teh tire eater. ;) What year is yours and any grips or issues? I'm skiddish of American cars..
sad.gif
my last one was a chevy vette and it was in teh shop monthly! I traded it in to get my Civic which is amazingly more fun to drive to me. I love the Miata's, I know they ride great.... that one at the dealer was seriously messed up!!

My mom has a 2000 Mustang GT (V8) Convertible and it's not that bad when it comes to noise.

I personally just got a 2004 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6spd and looooooooooove every single bit of it! It's not a convertible, but it has a sunroof! LOL!
biggrin.gif

Hey, Michelle, how's your 'stang noise at freeway speeds of 80-90ish for long trips?  Do you have the V6 or V8?  Guessing the 8 is teh tire eater.  ;)  What year is yours and any grips or issues?  I'm skiddish of American cars..  
sad.gif
 my last one was a chevy vette and it was in teh shop monthly!  I traded it in to get my Civic which is amazingly more fun to drive to me.  I love the Miata's, I know they ride great.... that one at the dealer was seriously messed up!!
It's a '95 GT... (of course there will be a pic attached!)

We found out after 2 sets of tires that the local goon aligning my car had equipment that wasn't 100% correct. His alignment jobs cost me quite a bit of money, but after I had it aligned correctly, it's been better...

Seems that this time around my car is eating back tires due to possible over-inflation and spinning of said tires whenever I can. I'll contribute this latest problem to Busa ownership and the fact that I now like to get somewhere faster at all times!
tounge.gif

Convertibles stink because you will have to replace the top if you don't keep it garage kept and if you plan on driving it until the wheels fall off like we do. Even with a garage, just putting the top up and down will fray some edges and make it look bad over time. I just had mine replaced, so it lasted from the showroom in '95 to just a few months ago. Not too bad...

The Miata top lasted from '92 to this Spring, so that wasn't too bad either.

Biggest recommendation if you go topless...make sure it's got a GLASS back window...those plastic ones really stink (Miata had one, but it's been upgraded). Believe it or not, I've seen newer convertible BMWs with plastic rear windows!

My Mustang is a great highway car...it's been from VA to Key West and back more than a few times...trip to NY...it's good at higher speeds and barely taxes the motor (probably hovers just below 2500 rpm at those speeds). The Miata isn't a good highway vehicle...feels like the motor's working a lot harder at those speeds, but that's a '92, so perhaps the newer rotary engines with less miles do better?

Sound is certainly a bit more in any convertible at higher speeds...I guess I'm used to it, so I don't think it's bad (just turn the stereo up)...plus, I had Flowmasters put on about two years ago, so it's a lot louder than stock...you don't hear the top flapping around or anything like that...just the sound of the tires hitting the road, the exhaust, some wind...

Va_Stang.JPG

The 2005's are coming out and they are nice!!!  
cool.gif
 Get one of those and I'm heading to your rain forest for a ride!  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "spell like a 2-yr old"|1089743025 -->

I've got a Z3 and used to have a '69 Dodge convertible, fantastic !! Go for it - it's only a bit more then you want to spend ... but DON'T !! get a Miata - those are for women or men with comfortable shoes ..
laugh.gif

Back