WTB:  Nice used car...

bdorf94

Registered
As some of you might know, I sold my '01 for $ to buy a nice used car. I hated to get rid of the bike, but I chose to sell it & my 4 wheeler to make a painful adult decision...to get a nice used car for when I graduate this year.

I'm looking for one of the following, or something along these lines:

'98+ Lexus GS300/GS400
Lexus IS300
Lincoln LS
'98+Mercedes E430
'98+ Mercedes C230/C240
'98+ Audi A6?

Not to sound like a ##### with these choices, but I really just want a great, comfortable car that will be great for long trips. I wasn't willing to sell my Busa and settle for a car I wouldn't be happy with 3 years from now...I've gotta keep whatever I get for years.

These are some of the cars I've found that I can get used & cheap. I work at a dealership a lot still when I'm home from school, so I know I can find some of these for great prices (better than private seller prices) at auctions or at trade-in prices...I thought I'd see if anybody here had a connection/option to help me find one at a real cheap price.

Thanks to anybody that may be able to help.

uuh...I'd be a bit careful of those Lexus'. Parts are damn near the price of one of the twins...prolly the same for the Benz and Audi.

The Lincoln sounds good, but I never really had much dealings with 'em.

Base your decision on how expensive parts and labor is....and how well the cars will run 8 years from now.

uuh...I'd be a bit careful of those Lexus'. Parts are damn near the price of one of the twins...prolly the same for the Benz and Audi.

The Lincoln sounds good, but I never really had much dealings with 'em.

Base your decision on how expensive parts and labor is....and how well the cars will run 8 years from now.
Yeah...I know about the parts prices.  I have one advantage with anything I choose though....my father has been a auto tech for 24+ years.  He has been with Toyota for 23+ years now, so I get Toyota & Lexus parts very cheap and labor for free.  I get parts for other makes at our dealer cost and labor for free.  I'm very grateful/appreciative that I have this option...I've been lucky to have free maintenance since I started driving.

Thanks for the input.

<!--EDIT|bdorf94
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127109394 -->

well gee...sounds like you'll be alright then.

best of luck with your decision...
cool.gif

truth be told, I am envious. I wish I could have discounted prices and free maint.

And I wouldn't be happy with anything other than my Busa. It's been 15 months without it...and I'm slowly losing my mind!
sad.gif

But it sounds like you'll be alright though....

A word of advice? Check the guys here who go to auctions and buy out bikes. They can prolly keep an eye out for ya for good deals on the auction blocks.

Or mebbe even the repo'd cars...bank auctions of that sort. Or mebbe all the cars that the LEO's acquire from the drug dealers....there's some good shid to be had there.

Back