Very interesting day on the dyno!!

BigBadDodge

Registered
Went to a dyno event put on by ats diesel performance and a local radio station. Had the highest numbers of the day at 535/1098:whistle: I pulled in and there was a ton of commotion around my truck, well as my buddy said as soon as i backed on the rollers and the hood came up it was a mad house as the buzz was this was the high horse truck for the day. Right away i see the owner of ats crawling around under my hood, comes and ask if that was a 4k, when i got it, how i like it and if its a titanium wheel, told him didnt know about the titanium but i love it and thought it was just a regular long story short i sent him a message inquiring why he thought i had one, and then i thought the titanium wheels only came on wastegated housings and mine is not this is his response.

"Clint Cannon
Clint CannonMarch 12, 2011 at 10:03pm
Re: dyno
No, we produced 11 of them that were non waste gated (special edition). I had not intended to let them out into circulation but they got out. I suspect you may have one of them, based on how it performs I think its a Ti Edition! We should check into it, its a BAD ASS turbo."

And now for the videos
First one you can see the owner of ats in the grey long sleeve shirt and radio personality willy B (bald guy) gets pulled over by him feeling my intercooler later in the video. they have never had my truck there or even seen it, for the owner to give that much attention to a truck they didnt build shocked everyone. He spent a good 10 mins at the window before we started running it.
th_DSC_0049.jpg

Second one apparently my buddy just wanted to get the smoke
- 2006 Dodge Cummins[/url]

They tried keeping the exhaust tube on the pipe and gave up really early:laugh:

Ran it from 70-110mph seeing 48 psi of boost

Last edited by a moderator:
That's sick!
So you got a turbo they didn't want people to have? Win! I hope I never meet a truck like that with my car, I'd be PISSED! :thumbsup:

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

That's sick!
So you got a turbo they didn't want people to have? Win! I hope I never meet a truck like that with my car, I'd be PISSED! :thumbsup:

Thats the sound of it i'm being real careful about it, they are more then welcome to look at it further and see but i will stay with the truck the entire time and no one turns a wrench on it but me. just incase they think they can switch it with a regular 4k. If he does infact want it i think i will need a bigger charger and possibly and nice shiny intercooler to make the deal even:rofl:

That's what I was thinkin, they all nice till the get their unit back, then.... I'd keep the limited Ti one regardless of what they want to offer, not gonna see another one of those on the block. I love your truck! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys heres one when we tried turning down my pressure box to try and command more rail pressure didnt like how it felt so turned it back on

- 2006 Dodge Cummins Dyno[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
so what's all been done to the truck?

Its got a bully dog PMT with crazy larry 1010 tune, power puck, air dog 165gph lift pump, 64/71/14 aurora 4k turbo, 2nd gen ats pulseflow manifold, gutted cat into a shortened dynaflex muffler (literally all homemade exhaust) Home made intake with a amsoil dry flow filter, 3" homemade intake horn and fully built trans. Shocking everyone that i'm making this kind of power with a stock injection pump and injectors. New industrial injection 100hp injectors should be here in the next two weeks.
Trans has a ats five star converter with a suncoast valve body and billet input, output and intermediate shafts.

Trucks on a 6" superlift with 35" nitto trail grappler mt/s on 20" rockstars, debadged, color matched grill, recon tails and homemade 08 night runner headlights

that's a whole lot o stuff in there. No studs yet? How do you like the crazy larry tune? I've been just using a smarty for my tune.
Its got a bully dog PMT with crazy larry 1010 tune, power puck, air dog 165gph lift pump, 64/71/14 aurora 4k turbo, 2nd gen ats pulseflow manifold, gutted cat into a shortened dynaflex muffler (literally all homemade exhaust) Home made intake with a amsoil dry flow filter, 3" homemade intake horn and fully built trans. Shocking everyone that i'm making this kind of power with a stock injection pump and injectors. New industrial injection 100hp injectors should be here in the next two weeks.
Trans has a ats five star converter with a suncoast valve body and billet input, output and intermediate shafts.

Trucks on a 6" superlift with 35" nitto trail grappler mt/s on 20" rockstars, debadged, color matched grill, recon tails and homemade 08 night runner headlights

that's a whole lot o stuff in there. No studs yet? How do you like the crazy larry tune? I've been just using a smarty for my tune.

Common rails are good to around 50 psi before they start popping the gaskets, gonna do the studs when i do the injectors in the next few weeks since all that craps gotta come out anyway. I was seeing 45psi yesterday so its time :whistle:

Love the bully dog, i cleared the bd tune few months back and tried a buddies smarty and was not impressed, the bully dog fuels alot harder imo. I run my fuel pressure on the air dog at 20psi and even on stock sticks and pump i can pull it down to 15 psi when i'm on it hard:laugh:
Clint was explaining to me all the great benefits his dual pumps would give me....I'd love to run em if someone wants to pay for em:thumbsup:

Atleast the dodges arent to bad, well not as bad as the fords, buddy has a set of 5 month old industrial 100's, he just upgraded his twins and is going to 150's and cutting me an amazing deal on em.

Have been considering once my beater is back together and running moving the batteries to the bed and running an aurora 8k (which is right around a 98mm) compounded off my 4k:whistle:

Atleast the dodges arent to bad, well not as bad as the fords, buddy has a set of 5 month old industrial 100's, he just upgraded his twins and is going to 150's and cutting me an amazing deal on em.

Have been considering once my beater is back together and running moving the batteries to the bed and running an aurora 8k (which is right around a 98mm) compounded off my 4k:whistle:

As long as the math works out...what the fug. MORE is always better.:thumbsup:

RSD.

for sure
heres a aurora 8k, this guy runs it off a 3k and has trouble spooling the big one:poke:
omgc.jpg

Back