A very sad day.

Sorry for your loss and my condolences..

My Dad passed away this morning.
He had lung cancer, dementia and had slowly been getting worse.

Mum called us in and he was breathing very slow, Lynne and me went back next door to get dressed and by the time we got back in he had passed away.

Thankfully he was in no pain, and died in his sleep, he was 85.

Mum seems to be holding up well, but I suppose it hasn't really sunk in yet, shes 84.

I just feel numb and lost and am crying as I write this.
I gave him a kiss and said my goodbyes.

I can't get in touch with my sons as they keep on changing their phone numbers, so I don't know what to do.

I phoned my brother yesterday and said he better come and visit as I thought Dad didn't have too long left, and he said he would be down today.
He phoned Mum yesterday and managed to have a few words with Dad, which was good.

Just waiting now for the doctor to come, and then start to sort things out.

I feel like I'm in a dream world at the moment.

And just feel grateful I can come here and put my feelings down.

Thanks.

All my love Dave.

Very sorry to hear, Newman. You and your family are in my prayers...as well as your Pop. :please:

I know the feeling all too well.

Thank you again everyone for your kind words and prayers.

Can't do anything until Thursday as that is the earliest we can register his passing.
Then we can arrange the funeral.

Mums doing fine, a lot better than I thought she would.

Lynne's been brilliant shes helping me so much.

My sons saw my message on facebook and both phoned me, they are coming over from Iceland for the funeral.

So just waiting to sort things out at the moment.

Thank you again everyone for your kind words and prayers.

Can't do anything until Thursday as that is the earliest we can register his passing.
Then we can arrange the funeral.

Mums doing fine, a lot better than I thought she would.

Lynne's been brilliant shes helping me so much.

My sons saw my message on facebook and both phoned me, they are coming over from Iceland for the funeral.

So just waiting to sort things out at the moment.

How is everyone Newman ?

I'm sorry for your loss. Nothing can be said to help because everyone is so different. I got through my moms death from lung cancer byb knowing I will see her again when I am called home . Yes I still cry sometimes , but I realize it was her turn to go see her mom that she had been missing.

May he rest in peace, and God bless his soul. Try to only remember the good times; I promise it will help.

I am so sorry for your loss. Nothing will be able to help but time! I lost my dad the same way almost 4 years ago and he was only 57. He literally took his last breath in my arms. It still hurts everyday but I promise it gets easier...it just takes time! Thoughts are with you and your family!

Back