Velocity 1 / Ghetto - Reliabality

• Velocity Stage 1

Votes: 129 100.0%
  • Ghetto

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..Been reading on turbos for months now, and after talking to Burt for a few hours last night - My mind is made up on who Im getting my turbo setup from. Heck if the guy will chat with you for a few hours on his dime, offer tons of technical info, and actually treat you like a pal...well...that's where my hard earned cash is going.

I dont have time to live out another Velocity Drama as one of my pals has, and I don't want to deal with tons of b.s. ego or be part of a special small group to just get normal treatment.

If anyone has any reasoning as to why I should re-consider, let me know...but I don't have time for b.s. or make-believe.

Thanks again Burt...Much respect bro. cool.gif

Well..Been reading on turbos for months now, and after talking to Burt for a few hours last night - My mind is made up on who Im getting my turbo setup from. Heck if the guy will chat with you for a few hours on his dime, offer tons of technical info, and actually treat you like a pal...well...that's where my hard earned cash is going.

I dont have time to live out another Velocity Drama as one of my pals has, and I don't want to deal with tons of b.s. ego or be part of a special small group to just get normal treatment.

If anyone has any reasoning as to why I should re-consider, let me know...but I don't have time for b.s. or make-believe.

Thanks again Burt...Much respect bro. cool.gif
Yep,cool dude and knowledgeable,I will be doing business with him!

This may not be the best place for it, but plumbusa member called today while he was enroute to Velocity in KY to pick up his newly rebuilt bike. You may recall that he had a stage I kit installed and then his motor self destructed shortly thereafter. From what I was told, the motor was bored and sleeved, and has new rods/pistons and a hotter camshaft.

He said that communication with Barry at Velocity throughout the ordeal was excellent. I know that plumbusa will post up when he returns home with more details of the 'project'.

All depends on what you want to do with the bike. You will have to do extra work on either kit. Bothe will do well with basic turbo wants and desires.

This may not be the best place for it, but plumbusa member called today while he was enroute to Velocity in KY to pick up his newly rebuilt bike. You may recall that he had a stage I kit installed and then his motor self destructed shortly thereafter. From what I was told, the motor was bored and sleeved, and has new rods/pistons and a hotter camshaft.

He said that communication with Barry at Velocity throughout the ordeal was excellent. I know that plumbusa will post up when he returns home with more details of the 'project'.
Wow....he must've gotten lost. Nothing to report?

unbiased... I don't have a turbo so I'm not partial to either. I've got a friend with a ghetto and another with a velocity...

they're both good. Pick the one for your money. Make sure there aren't any additional items you may need. Get the total out the door price/all inclusive. Then find out the lead time... tack on three weeks to both and then decide.

Since you're running low boost & no spacer it's good to keep things mild. Also ask about replacing the OE head gasket with a cometics.

Either way you'll be happy... I will say all things being equal I would rather NOT have a filter sticking out of the side of my fairing.

unbiased... I don't have a turbo so I'm not partial to either. I've got a friend with a ghetto and another with a velocity...

they're both good. Pick the one for your money. Make sure there aren't any additional items you may need. Get the total out the door price/all inclusive. Then find out the lead time... tack on three weeks to both and then decide.

Since you're running low boost & no spacer it's good to keep things mild. Also ask about replacing the OE head gasket with a cometics.

Either way you'll be happy... I will say all things being equal I would rather NOT have a filter sticking out of the side of my fairing.
roger that!!!!

ghetto power!!!!!

What he said.

My velocity stage 1 with optional external tial wastegate has run perfectly since I installed it a couple of months ago. The kit took 5 weeks to get to me although it should have taken less. They ran into a major problem with their race bike, so my kit was delayed. It didn't take 3 months though. I have Frankie's (Barry's brother) cell phone programmed into my cell phone. He gave it to me when the kit shipped in case I ran into any problems. Only had to call him a couple of times. Make sure you want the dump pipe, beause it's fairly loud (I like the sound) and you can't put a full exhaust on unless you have the dump cut off. It comes welded to the turbo housing. You really can't go wrong with either company. They're both great kits as the ghetto guys point out. Same for Velocity. By the way, the price for my Velocity with external wastegate and shipping was $3885.00. Good luck with your decision! Boost is a blast, even with only a 6lb spring in my wastegate.
W/ the ghetto kit, the dump pipe can be unbolted, and a full can be run.

Both will be equaly good and bad. Best advise that I read her for you was do other upgrades at the same time. Either now or later when you will have to. Talk to each company. Getto (talk to Dennis and get a feel for his Customer Service. Also do the same for the Velocity, there Customer service has been going down hill from what i have been reading, but that is others opinion.

wow....there are alot of people in this thread who need to get their facts straight..

you guys make it sound like Barry mines the ore for the molton metal he casts his turbos out of....

barry buys just as many parts as any of the other turbo 'manufacturers'.

(bonedust @ Sep. 12 2006,19:23) wow....there are alot of people in this thread who need to get their facts straight..

you guys make it sound like Barry mines the ore for the molton metal he casts his turbos out of....

barry buys just as many parts as any of the other turbo 'manufacturers'.
I think he grew the mountains that he then later stripped the ore from. i think they come in a chia mountain kit or something, just add dirt and water and BAAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back