Velocity 1 / Ghetto - Reliabality

• Velocity Stage 1

Votes: 129 100.0%
  • Ghetto

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of frends who use octane boosters on a regular basis... and they have not reported any problems!! But then again no one has a turbo on their bike blush.gif

velocity is a bigger and more reliable company.Anytime i purchased from other source it took at least 2 weeks to get.Thats because he buys it elsewere repacks it and ups the price to you.Im used to dealing with ape and schnitz were i get parts right away.

dennis has most of his stuff custom made in cleveland and then ships it out. He doesn't buy it elsewhere!

velocity is a bigger company but I will guarantee velocity does not provide the customer service and support that dennis does.

show me kevin's cell phone number with the ability to call him at any hour to get parts or help with problems.

oh and why is there always a wait time to get velocity turbos. Usually is like a 3 month wait. Doesn't seem like parts are available if you have to wait that long. Velocity is a great company but don't be bashing other companies which you know nothing about.

dennis has most of his stuff custom made in cleveland and then ships it out.  He doesn't buy it elsewhere!

velocity is a bigger company but I will guarantee velocity does not provide the customer service and support that dennis does.

show me kevin's cell phone number with the ability to call him at any hour to get parts or help with problems.
I didnt buy a turbo from him i got a sprocket cover.There made by kickstand racing took over 2 weeks to get had to call and ask about it.When i got it had been repacked.nothing against dennis thats just how it went.same deal when ordered a clutch slave support 2 weeks and been repacked.

Also the ghetto kit from Dennis is upgradable and the velocity is not if I am not mistaken atleast the 1000 kits arent.

I got my info straight from his mouth when he worked on my bike. He said his headers and plenums are custom made. And his "machinist" in town does alot of his work. Didn't say exactly what work he did but just that. Granted the turbo, and wastegate, fuel pump, ect all come from whereever. Thats all he said. Take it up with him. I just relayed what I was told.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124755721 -->

dennis has most of his stuff custom made in cleveland and then ships it out.  He doesn't buy it elsewhere!
no clue where you get your info from man but its wrong. He might have his stuff modded in Cleveland but most of his parts he uses in his kits are lucky to be made in the US.
This poll is comparing a manufacture to a dealer. Unless something has changed very recently the kits sold under the name ghetto are designed and made by RCC in Canada.
http://tinyurl.com/9lhe7
The same kits but a little more complete are available from 1320 Straightliners.
http://tinyurl.com/pquxy
A search on P.T. Barum's famous quote will explain the confusion.

My velocity stage 1 with optional external tial wastegate has run perfectly since I installed it a couple of months ago. The kit took 5 weeks to get to me although it should have taken less. They ran into a major problem with their race bike, so my kit was delayed. It didn't take 3 months though. I have Frankie's (Barry's brother) cell phone programmed into my cell phone. He gave it to me when the kit shipped in case I ran into any problems. Only had to call him a couple of times. Make sure you want the dump pipe, beause it's fairly loud (I like the sound) and you can't put a full exhaust on unless you have the dump cut off. It comes welded to the turbo housing. You really can't go wrong with either company. They're both great kits as the ghetto guys point out. Same for Velocity. By the way, the price for my Velocity with external wastegate and shipping was $3885.00. Good luck with your decision! Boost is a blast, even with only a 6lb spring in my wastegate.

Why would you need their cell phone? They do have lives outside their business. Everytime I call them,Barry answers the phone,I spoke with him yesterday.Nice guy and seems genuinely concerned with my problems and his product!wink.gif

If your question is addressed to me about why I would need their cell phone, Frankie offered to me in case I couldn't reach them on their toll free # on the weekend I was installing my kit. Everyone who has a ghetto kit always states that Dennis is always able to be reached on his cell phone for customer service, and I was just pointing out that Velocity offers the same customer service, at least to me. I too, have spoken to Barry many times, and he is super nice and helpful. He sold me the kit personally and answered many questions before I purchased. However, I bought my kit right before the beginning of their racing season, so every time I called with any questions, it was Frankie who answered the phone, not Barry, as he was busy getting ready for the first race of the season. Bottom line with Velocity is it doesn't matter who answeres the phone, Barry or Frankie were both helpful everytime I spoke to them, and the fact they gave me a cell # speaks volumes about their willingness to go the extra mile for guys who purchase from them.

Thats a tough choice. But as the kits are basically the same price before options. Take into consideration that the Velocity kit runs a full pipe as the Ghetto runs a dump pipe.
Link to a pic? Is the turbo hidden then with a normal looking pipe coming off the right side? Never liked the look of the dump myself.

no clue where you get your info from man but its wrong. He might have his stuff modded in Cleveland but most of his parts he uses in his kits are lucky to be made in the US.
This poll is comparing a manufacture to a dealer. Unless something has changed very recently the kits sold under the name ghetto are designed and made by RCC in Canada.
The same kits but a little more complete are available from 1320 Straightliners.
+ its a year old thread wink.gif

Why would you need their cell phone? They do have lives outside their business. Everytime I call them,Barry answers the phone,I spoke with him yesterday.Nice guy and seems genuinely concerned with my problems and his product!wink.gif
So they can come over and suck start any turbo that won't crank---Ieee, I'm so damn funny!

dennis has most of his stuff custom made in cleveland and then ships it out. He doesn't buy it elsewhere!
+ its a year old thread wink.gif
What do you care how old it is? The hat on your avatar is a bit dated, but it still works. wow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back