Velocity 1 / Ghetto - Reliabality

• Velocity Stage 1

Votes: 129 100.0%
  • Ghetto

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dennis has most of his stuff custom made in cleveland and then ships it out.  He doesn't buy it elsewhere!
no clue where you get your info from man but its wrong. He might have his stuff modded in Cleveland but most of his parts he uses in his kits are lucky to be made in the US.
This poll is comparing a manufacture to a dealer. Unless something has changed very recently the kits sold under the name ghetto are designed and made by RCC in Canada.
http://tinyurl.com/9lhe7
The same kits but a little more complete are available from 1320 Straightliners.
http://tinyurl.com/pquxy
A search on P.T. Barum's famous quote will explain the confusion.
+ its a year old  thread wink.gif
What do you care how old it is? The hat on your avatar is a bit dated, but it still works. wow.gif
So he would now that he most likely would not get a response from the people who started the thread. So now your going to attack me for trying to help him out?

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: "I cant spell"|1146252215 -->

just had stage one kit installed on my 06 busa by velocity in ky.Power comander went bad before I got the bike so barry said didn't need a power comander anyway and he adjusted the fuel pressure so it would run.That was 500 miles ago.Now the engine is shot and will need a complete rebuild.Can't get velocity to respond or refund me for the power comander that I paid for but never got.Nor have they seemed to eager to accept any responsibility for the improper install causeing the engine to go.Bee careful with who ever you have install.

just had stage one kit installed on my 06 busa by velocity in ky.Power comander went bad before I got the bike so barry said didn't need a power comander anyway and he adjusted the fuel pressure so it would run.That was 500 miles ago.Now the engine is shot and will need a complete rebuild.Can't get velocity to respond or refund me for the power comander that I paid for but never got.Nor have they seemed to eager to accept any responsibility for the improper install causeing the engine to go.Bee careful with who ever you have install.
I dont believe any of that crap!

People need to get on these boards and tell there storys, Right now i know of 4 people that have the same problems with velocity its kind of funny every one is not telling the truth #### i have my own story!!!!

I dont believe any of that crap!
Unfortunately this is a true story.   sad.gif

<!--EDIT|Ride_or_Fish
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147563117 -->

nitrous junkie.you don't have to take my word on it call the shop that my bike is at.xtremecycle toys in west palm beach fl.

please call him monday and try to get him to help me make things right with my bike.
Dont worry,I'll do my best! Can you PM me with some details please? Thanks,Paul.
NJ....I too can attest to the validity of this saga...plumbusa and Ride_Or_Fish speak the truth...and as it stands?..plumbusa is out about a 2,000 mile round trip to go spend about $5 grand at velocity where the PC that came with the kit didn't work and velocity had no more on hand which resulted in a "Jury Rigging" of plumbusa's fueling to get his newly installed turbo (on his brand new busa) to run so he could ride back home only to return home with a fried engine...and...the saddest busa story I ever heard barr none.

some good needs to be made here....big time....and I'm certain plumbusa would greatly appreciate any help cause after what he went through?...something big, bad and wrong needs to be made right.

L8R, Bill. cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147609809 -->

This is not good...He took the bike to Velocity and it still got messed up...

Plumbusa,if things fall apart on you down there,let me know and I will try to help you get back up and going in less than 2 weeks if we can work it out..Let NJ talk to them and you do the same,keep a cool head cause once I build this VR kit bike i got and if all goes well I want to become a VR dealer but this will help sway my decision...GOOD LUCK...

Plumbusa,if things fall apart on you down there,let me know and I will try to help you get back up and going in less than 2 weeks if we can work it out..Let NJ talk to them and you do the same,keep a cool head cause once I build this VR kit bike i got and if all goes well I want to become a VR dealer but this will help sway my decision...GOOD LUCK...
Daniel,I'm calling him tomorrow,this is all very strange,while I've never had my bike at the VR shop,I get complete and I mean COMPLETE support from them when I call,hell Barry has sent me stuff free before! I bought my kit from Joe Hahn,he inadvertantly didnt send some small pieces and parts,I phone Barry and he had the parts to me in 3 days! I dont know,maybe I'm lucky or something,but all I know is that they treat me good and I didnt even buy my kit from them.NJ.

You've been lucky.I've emailed every day last week with no response.When I call barry is out.I've talked to frank and been told to talk to barry or he'll check in to it.I'm not complining about there product as the system looks very well designed.My complaint is with the installation and set up.Also with the runaround I get about the refund for the pc I never got and my bike blowing up because of it.The turbo system was not the problem the setup was.

Daniel, there was a little more to this,check out the thread over on psycobike.Barry posted up.

There is nothing wrong with a VR stage 1 kit for beginners if you get all the parts and a PC3, as long as you redo the fuel system to straights instead of 90's and then directly get it mapped by a competent dyno tuner.

-

<!--EDIT|TurboProstreet
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147697305 -->

Just talked to barry,he said he will get the bike shipped to his shop and repair it.If he does he runs one of the most standup shops I've ever dealt with.He explained that the problem I was having getting hold of him was due to hurricane damage and he was out of town.I fully understand that and wish to apologize to him for over reacting.When he get's the bike back up and running I'll re post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back