Velocity or Ghetto

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
All,

You guys have seen my recent post inquiring about turbos, big bores, etc... I have made up my mind on the turbo for sure, but not on the make.

Velocity has their stage 2 kit on sale for 5k. It comes with injectors, adjustable cam sprockets, head spacer, clutch springs, and bunch of other stuff that I have not seen listed in the ghetto kit.

My objective is go bigger HP down the road, but I want to settle for about 300 HP because I will not have the cash to beef the engine up yet. I still want to save cash if possible down the road. Do you guys think that for the extra grand that the velocity is the better way to go?

What kind of money do you think I will spend to get the same type of turbo kit out of the ghetto?

Please don't ask me to search I have been reading every TURBO post in every forum for the last 3 days; trust me I have been searching and this why I have come up with this dillema and didn't call Dennis right away this morning...

I am just trying to understand which kit is going to be the biggest bang for my buck and why.

Kind Regards,
Cloud

Given your cash flow, I'd say the Ghetto. it is fully upgradeable, and cost less on the front end for where you are at now.

LS6

yup. I will PM dennis to see what he says as well. I would still appreciate everyones two cents on this though...

Cloud

I haven't checked out the Ghetto kit in awhile...It was made to compete with the Velocity Stage 1 street...Although the Ghetto kit is supposed to allow for boost setting of 12/14pds I'm not sure if it comes with the piggy back injectors...Just something to consider...Although I'm quite sastisfied with my stage 1 I would suggest to any one that is getting into the boost system to think about what they want the bike to do not only now but in the future...A stage 1 is more costly to upgrade than a stage 2 can't respond ref the Ghetto...Don't let cost be the determining factor boost cost and it's not always right on the initial install...Also if your not going to do the install yourself you've go to set aside for the cost of the install and tune any where from $500 to $1k would be good starting points...There just added cost to your finished product...In your case don't go with anything less than what a stage 2 can offer...
evil.gif

I dont know a lot about the Ghetto kits, but with the Velocity kits on sale right now, thats a great deal. Plus at 300 hp you will not be running the stage 2 kit hard. They will make a lot more power later when you are ready.
Stunnah is right about having a GOOD tuner and/or installer.

got the tuner/installer ready to go... so that is not going to be a problem. The only issue is deciding. I could get the ghetto stage II for 5900. That is 900 more then the velocity stage 2 and it comes with a ball bearing turbo, injectors, adjustable cam sprockets, BOV included, etc...

I am really leaning towards the ghetto stage 2 for the money. Dolloar for dollar, I am thinking the ghetto stage 2 is worth the extra 900 for the additional stuff. What do you guys think?

It sounds like a really good deal...To get the DBB turbo from Velocity I think is like $650...Not sure if the Velocity comes with a BOV or not I had one added on for $350 which included labor...

plus with dennis customer service you can't go wrong.... he is phenominal
cool.gif

Talk to each company and then make up your mind after talking with them. Tell them what you are looking for, let them give you their facts.

I've been doing turbo reasearch as wel best to talk to both companys and see who's you really like better also other options on expandability cause lets face it you may say oh no 280hp will be fine for me well if not a year or so down the road your gona go ack i need more you would be much better off spending alittle extra now to have a kit that is more easilty upgradeble then a kit that you will have to sell most of it and start over again

so with that said i've been looking at the velocity stage 2 kits and i have looked at some of the ghetto kits granted need to find more links for them so i can do alittle more reasearch but thats my advice to you on the matter

Talking to the company or owner is good...However they tend to tell you what you want to hear...So fielding a question in this sort of forum is very good because you get responses of real life experiences...Haven't seen alot of info from Ghetto kit owners...
evil.gif

glad this topic was started because I've been wondering the same thing. i agree wit Stunnah, where's all the getto guys ?
I've been told the Getto stg1 is upgradable, and the Velocity is not. Is this true Stunnah ? And what about this thing about not being able to do top end runs on stg1 kits ?

glad this topic was started because I've been wondering the same thing. i agree wit Stunnah, where's all the getto guys ?
I've been told the Getto stg1 is upgradable, and the Velocity is not. Is this true Stunnah ? And what about this thing about not being able to do top end runs on stg1 kits ?
Stage 1 Velo kits are upgradeable and you will have no problem doing top speed runs. Not sure where that misinformation came from.

Mine has been perfect since its installation, but I have decided to go to a "bunch" more horsepower, so I am selling my stage 1 kit. I could have upgraded to stage 2 but decided to go even further than that, so its easier to change it out.

extended high speed runs should have water injection or an intercooler if you dont want to melt stuff

Talking to the company or owner is good...However they tend to tell you what you want to hear...So fielding a question in this sort of forum is very good because you get responses of real life experiences...Haven't seen alot of info from Ghetto kit owners...  
evil.gif
Good point

Stage 1 Velo kits are upgradeable and you will have no problem doing top speed runs. Not sure where that misinformation came from.

Mine has been perfect since its installation, but I have decided to go to a "bunch" more horsepower, so I am selling my stage 1 kit. I could have upgraded to stage 2 but decided to go even further than that, so its easier to change it out.
Just like Clear said all the Velocity kits are upgradable...But it will cost...That's why everybody with boost is asking what do you want the bike to do so we can kind of have an idea as to what level to point you...
evil.gif

Back