Velocity or Ghetto

glad this topic was started because I've been wondering the same thing. i agree wit Stunnah, where's all the getto guys ?
I've been told the Getto stg1 is upgradable, and the Velocity is not. Is this true Stunnah ? And what about this thing about not being able to do top end runs on stg1 kits ?
Stage 1 2 3 4 5 6 Just a difference on what you start with. ALL KITS ARE UPGRADEABLE, just costs to do so.

extended high speed runs should have water injection or an intercooler if you dont want to melt stuff
And race fuel...
evil.gif

glad this topic was started because I've been wondering the same thing. i agree wit Stunnah, where's all the getto guys ?
I've been told the Getto stg1 is upgradable, and the Velocity is not. Is this true Stunnah ? And what about this thing about not being able to do top end runs on stg1 kits ?
Stage 1 Velo kits are upgradeable and you will have no problem doing top speed runs. Not sure where that misinformation came from.

Mine has been perfect since its installation, but I have decided to go to a "bunch" more horsepower, so I am selling my stage 1 kit. I could have upgraded to stage 2 but decided to go even further than that, so its easier to change it out.
Depends on what you mean by no problem. You better be using race gas on any kit for over 2 miles at 200+mph. And even with all of that (let me hear everyone say) You need a good tune or boom!!

Stage 1 Velo kits are upgradeable and you will have no problem doing top speed runs. Not sure where that misinformation came from.

Mine has been perfect since its installation, but I have decided to go to a "bunch" more horsepower, so I am selling my stage 1 kit. I could have upgraded to stage 2 but decided to go even further than that, so its easier to change it out.
Depends on what you mean by no problem.  You better be using race gas on any kit for over 2 miles at 200+mph.  And even with all of that (let me hear everyone say) You need a good tune or boom!!
Very true on the race gas Ninja.
I run a mix almost all the time, just in case I want to play. And straight if I want to do "extended" high speed runs, which I usually run out of road before this happens...LOL

Depends on what you mean by no problem.  You better be using race gas on any kit for over 2 miles at 200+mph.  And even with all of that (let me hear everyone say) You need a good tune or boom!!
Very true on the race gas Ninja.
I run a mix almost all the time, just in case I want to play. And straight if I want to do "extended" high speed runs, which I usually run out of road before this happens...LOL
I usually mix also and on occasion will run it straight...@ 6pds I have never done an extended run it's just to damn quick...  
evil.gif

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107481499 -->

Great info guys. I love reading this stuff. I'm taking in all I can right now so that when I do go turbo, I will have valuable insight from guys in-the-know. Just cuz I don't post doesn't mean I'm not paying attention....
biggrin.gif

Great info guys.  I love reading this stuff.  I'm taking in all I can right now so that when I do go turbo, I will have valuable insight from guys in-the-know.  Just cuz I don't post doesn't mean I'm not paying attention....
biggrin.gif
Study long and you can't go wrong...
evil.gif

As for my tuner/installer I'm going with Seb at NLR systems. Just haven't figured out which kit to go with for my riding style. I do about 60% street riding, and 40% drag racing. My top end runs are not very frequent, and dam sure not for too long. The getto is looking like its in my $ range, and they're saying its easier to upgrade. Although there's no disputing who's whoop'n ass on tha track, VELOCITY !
Decisions, decisions..........
rock.gif

As for my tuner/installer I'm going with Seb at NLR systems. Just haven't figured out which kit to go with for my riding style. I do about 60% street riding, and 40% drag racing. My top end runs are not very frequent, and dam sure not for too long. The getto is looking like its in my $ range, and they're saying its easier to upgrade. Although there's no disputing who's whoop'n ass on tha track, VELOCITY !
Decisions, decisions..........
rock.gif
You already got a good start with a great tunner in your back yard.

Back