RCC or Velocity??

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey everybody,
I am gonna get boosted in spring....I hope, I did order a 50 shot of Nitrous from ZEX however from meeting with a few racers this weekend I am gonna can the deal on the nitrous and get my busa turbo charged. I have a shop near me that will do RCC or Velocity, I am just wondering who would prefer which one and why. I am looking only to go to a stage 1 kit, with an external waste gate, blow off valve, and dumps. The bike will be street driven 90% of the time with a few trips to the track.
Any input would be great, thanks a bunch..

I have a velocity and am taking it to Jay Stedman today to replace it, I understand that he gets his from RCC. If I was in Canada I wouldnt even ask around, I"d go to RCC.

Check with your mechanic about how long in seconds you can run it wide open. I wasnt told and blew a headgasket 2nd day. I dont think you should even go 1/4 mile without race gas or intercooler. What im saying isnt Gospel, Im not nearly an authority but Im being as honest as I know how.

I'd go velocity all the way. Three things will make or brake you with a turbo bike.

1 The install is very important, you need to have a professional do it or be very handy with a wrench.
2 The tune is as important in that it will determine the rideability of your bike, the reliability{proper air/fuel curve}, and smoothness in transfer from boost to off boost etc.
3 Don't get greedy with the boost. Both stage 1's I think without a spacer only allow 6-8 lbs of boost.{run it at 6 to be save.}

I've owned 3 Velocity kits and could not be happier. On Velocity's stage 1 if you want an external wastegate they will do it. Also not that it matters Velocity has dominated everything on the track for the last 5 years. my 2 cents.

ps both are good systems

rcc stage 1 is the only way to go. every part is top quality tech support is top notch. rcc makes the best kits
thumb_up.gif

I'd go velocity all the way. Three things will make or brake you with a turbo bike.

1 The install is very important, you need to have a professional do it or be very handy with a wrench.
2 The tune is as important in that it will determine the rideability of your bike, the reliability{proper air/fuel curve}, and smoothness in transfer from boost to off boost etc.
3 Don't get greedy with the boost. Both stage 1's I think without a spacer only allow 6-8 lbs of boost.{run it at 6 to be save.}

I've owned 3 Velocity kits and could not be happier. On Velocity's stage 1 if you want an external wastegate they will do it. Also not that it matters Velocity has dominated everything on the track for the last 5 years. my 2 cents.

ps both are good systems
ture, low boost or gasket will go.
i am only running 5.2 lbd spring on my setup,

Nothing but Velocity for me. I am on round 3, only because of wanting more power and have had no problems with thier kits. The installer makes all the difference though. That and a little throttle control..LOL

I like my velocity kit, only complaint is that the turbo sits kind of low so it leaks a little oil from time to time. I'd recommend going stage 2 if you can or looking at a used one over a stage 1 because you'll have much more room to up the power later as opposed to a stage one. Just my .02 and speaking from experience
cool.gif

I have been chatting some more with the RCC rep. Sounds like this one will be the one to go with. I really wanna do the install myself so it might take a while...lol. Hope to order it in March. I'm off to Cuba tomorrow for a month!!!!

RCC hands down.

i've got three RCC powered bikes ranging from 250 to 550hp and i've never had a problem with any of the kits.
when you call and order the kit, Richard will tell you a lead time, and it will show up when promised. he will send you a base map for your powercommander that will be almost perfect, and very detailed instructions with pics showing exactly how to do things. and he's the only turbo builder i know of that you can call 6 days a week and get quality tech support.

try calling velocity on saturday and asking questions....

when you order your kit, it would also be a good idea to get HD clutch springs, stainless throttle blades, and a billet sprocket cover at the same time. it will make for less headaches after the fact.

RCC hands down.

i've got three RCC powered bikes ranging from 250 to 550hp and i've never had a problem with any of the kits.
when you call and order the kit, Richard will tell you a lead time, and it will show up when promised. he will send you a base map for your powercommander that will be almost perfect, and very detailed instructions with pics showing exactly how to do things. and he's the only turbo builder i know of that you can call 6 days a week and get quality tech support.

when you order your kit, it would also be a good idea to get HD clutch springs, stainless throttle blades, and a billet sprocket cover at the same time. it will make for less headaches after the fact.
I've called Velocity numerious times{on Saturday as well} and tech support was great. I'm not saying it's any bettor than RCC but Barry and his guys have always been patient and helpful with me. I've also owned 3 flawless Velocity kits.

I'm not a turbo person, but I would look and see who's going the fastest with a turbo both Drag and Land Speed. You will always find those that hate and love all of them.

There's also Mr. Turbo in Texas (#8 Budweiser Busa @ 260mph). I don't know anything about any of the manufacturers really except that they all have had success in race venues. I would pick the one that has the support you need and listen to your trusted mechanic.

But I'm a nitrous guy myself.

Guy

RCC hands down.

I've called Velocity numerious times{on Saturday as well} and tech support was great. I'm not saying it's any bettor than RCC but Barry and his guys have always been patient and helpful with me. I've also owned 3 flawless Velocity kits.
you must have the top secret number. when i called them looking for help during the week, it was like they were doing me the favor to talk to me.

Richard (RCC) has never let me down and I have NEVER heard of one case of goofed up orders or failure to offer support. Berry (velocity) makes good stuff too, but I've been on three sites where I've seen topics started by discruntled rcc customers. I know where I'd put my money.

Richard (RCC) has never let me down and I have NEVER heard of one case of goofed up orders or failure to offer support. Berry (velocity) makes good stuff too, but I've been on three sites where I've seen topics started by discruntled rcc customers. I know where I'd put my money.
you must mean disgruntled VELOCITY customers.

Back