velocity turbo???

IRDEATH1340

Registered
i need some outside input on this kit.. i would prefer an rcc turbo but shipping would take to long, i will be out of country for a year or so in a month. seller says its a velocity racing state 1 turbo, are velocity quality kits too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see a blow off valve in that kit, also don't see straps for the plenum. Also don't see any warranty or any company to back it up. I can get you an RCC kit in less than three weeks to your door . . . good luck, whatever you decide. :whistle:

i need some outside input on this kit.. i would prefer an rcc turbo but shipping would take to long, i will be out of country for a year or so in a month. seller says its a velocity racing state 1 turbo, are velocity quality kits too?

The Chinese turbo in this kit is a nice touch (no Garrett markings on it), as is the "billet wheel upgrade", which if you look is a regular cast wheel. No polishing, rolls of hose instead of cut lines, they say you get what you pay for - sometimes you don't even get that . . . :rofl:

yea i completely understand as much as ive read always heard top notch about rcc, just below them id put velocity i guess... I definitely appreciate the feedback, it is exactly what i wanted i was trying to save some money, and get something sooner, i definitely don't want a fake or something sub par.. its been a dream / goal to have a turbo busa.. i definitely don't want to screw it up now, i would like the rcc stage one with blow off valve, stock motor for now. if possible could you p/m me total cost? i guess ill just have to be ok with the shipping, ill be getting deployed in two months and wanted to ride as much as possible.
thank you alot POWERHOUSE

yea i completely understand as much as ive read always heard top notch about rcc, just below them id put velocity i guess...

I would not put Velocity "just" below RCC. I think the gap is quite a bit further than you seem to think it is.

Definitely hold off until you can get an RCC kit imo. Nothing comes close in terms of customer support, workmanship and reliability. You will be happier in the long run trust me :beerchug:

On something like this I wouldn't cut corners or pinch pennies. If you want to turbo your bike and make sure that you won't spend all your time working on your bike but riding it listen to Frank.

Its like comparing McDonalds to one of those fancy places that wipes your face for you. The gap in quality is quite large, and with two of the countries leading experts with turbo busas (Boosted Cycle and PowerHouse) I'd listen to them.

-D

absolutely appreciate all of the replies, hopefully once i get a response on a price for an rcc turbo from a sponsor ill purchase it today.

I had a velocity stage 2 kit 6 or 7 years ago when Barry Henson was still the owner . It was nice and fit good. Pretty sure it had a gt28 dual ball bearing garret. Came with an mt2 controller for the secondaries. Whole kit was bolt and go and was pretty good on the tune as well. I never had any issues with it.
But to my understanding now it's owned by someone else now.

If you can't afford an rcc kit save your cash until you can get one. Nothing else comes close. Quality stuff.

I've had both, the better of the 2 is definitely RCC, Richards customer service is second to none.

Back