Turbo on ebay vs "custom" turbo from rcc/velocity

That turbo would work. Just keep in mind that ordering from one of the turbo kit manufacturers would also get you a turbo with the compressor discharge cut and re-welded at a better angle.

Just something to consider.

I can tell you getting 250 to 300 on stock internals is possible if you plan on using it on the street only. If you plan on drag racing it at all, get ready to start replacing everything in the engine.

I have had a Velocity Stage 1 turbo on my bike since 2007 and drag race to the tune of 250 passes per year. It has 244 hp at 6 lbs of boost and 293 at 10 lbs. I can assure you there is not one original Suzuki component in the engine other than the cases as the stock internals could not take the beating.

Every year I tear it down and replace bearings as well as send the transmission to Mark Doucette at R&D Motorsports to have him look it over. The valves are replaced every other year as I run C-16 through it and it pits them.

If I drove the bike on the street it would probably last forever.

I have to say this... through it all... Turbos rock! Don't go cheap on one, buy a kit from a reputable manufacturer, whether it be Hahn, Mr. Turbo, RCC or Velocity just make sure you get one from them. You will need the support and over time you will need parts from them. Patching a kit together is an invitation to disaster.

If you want better customer service (believe me you will need it) do with RCC. I can personally say that Hahn RaceCraft has 10% initiative when it comes to customer service, satisfaction, and returning phone calls and emails.

If you do choose to go with any of these competitors, call frank @ POWERHOUSE, he has some really good pricing and is very knowledgeable. You can find his page in the "Sponsors" section.

I spoke with Richard from RCC a couple of times. Just by talking to him and reading reviews of him and his company on this site (as well as others) I would be willing to pay the extra money for his customer service. I would just like to know what makes his turbo custom and what I'm paying extra for. I would think that if you are advertising a superior product that you would be eager to explain why it's superior and why it's worth the extra money. Trade secrets I guess????

I highly recommend calling Frank @ powerhouse. If you buy a RCC through him you will have two avenues of great customer service.

He will shoot straight with you about the differences.

I sent Frank from POWERHOUSE a couple of emails regarding these questions. He responded within a couple of hours to both emails. I'm impressed with his customer service as well. He basically said that the "custom" information on these turbos is proprietary. Which means it's the property of RCC and he cannot give me the specifics. So basically I would need the information from Richard at RCC but Richard would not give it to me. I just want to know what I'm buying before I buy it and why I should pay more. It's simply smart consumer shopping. Is there something that I'm missing here?

I would expect that the "custom" would be what they have made for it to be a specific application or parts they have made to make a specific application perform better. All this instead of a generic unit that can be altered to fit and work on any application. All the alteration and so forth is taken care of in their custom package. Make sense??

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

I just want to know what I'm buying before I buy it and why I should pay more. It's simply smart consumer shopping. Is there something that I'm missing here?
I understand wat ur saying but trade secrets is not something vendors will give out nor should they. they spend years in R&D to make their product work better then others and yes you pay for that but its money well spent and its PROVEN time and time again. not to say that there are not other turbos that will work, im sure they will work. how well they will work is another question.

the same goes for engine builders. they will list general parts but certainly not cam degrees or grinds when they are custom grinds. thats what makes them custom. RCC is no different in that general concept.

I sent Frank from POWERHOUSE a couple of emails regarding these questions. He responded within a couple of hours to both emails. I'm impressed with his customer service as well. He basically said that the "custom" information on these turbos is proprietary. Which means it's the property of RCC and he cannot give me the specifics. So basically I would need the information from Richard at RCC but Richard would not give it to me. I just want to know what I'm buying before I buy it and why I should pay more. It's simply smart consumer shopping. Is there something that I'm missing here?

What I can tell you and everybody else is this: the Stage One and Stage Two turbos from RCC are Garrett center sections with custom housings - built to Richard's specs. The specifications on wheel sizing and the housings themselves are indeed proprietary. They will both make 425+ rear wheel, and come with a two year warranty. The warranty alone, IMO, is enough to convince one not to buy a "pig in a poke" on cheesebay . . .

What I can tell you and everybody else is this: the Stage One and Stage Two turbos from RCC are Garrett center sections with custom housings - built to Richard's specs. The specifications on wheel sizing and the housings themselves are indeed proprietary. They will both make 425+ rear wheel, and come with a two year warranty. The warranty alone, IMO, is enough to convince one not to buy a "pig in a poke" on cheesebay . . .

Haha. I get it. I just don't like buying something for that kind of money without knowing exactly what im getting. I will just have to trust what the vendors and customers say. And the warranty and customer service is definately worth the money. Is the custom housing just a different bend on there to allow it to fit the bike? Richard, if you're following this, expect a call in the next few days from me for (2) stage1/stage2 turbos. I'm assuming the invoice will state custom internals/custom housing or something to that effect.

Haha. I get it. I just don't like buying something for that kind of money without knowing exactly what im getting. I will just have to trust what the vendors and customers say. And the warranty and customer service is definately worth the money. Is the custom housing just a different bend on there to allow it to fit the bike? Richard, if you're following this, expect a call in the next few days from me for (2) stage1/stage2 turbos. I'm assuming the invoice will state custom internals/custom housing or something to that effect.
u wont b disippointed thats 4 sure... had my stage 3 a month and all my so called friends at the track r scared to death of me running into the 7 sec zone only my 10th pass ever dwn a drag strip, so far 188mph with a 1.70 60ft sucks 8.57 that mph alone with a better 60ft is a 7sec pass and iam a green hone rookie, but not 4 long ha ha ha......

Back