Soon to be another Turbo Busa here

5280Busa

Registered
Finally did it. I placed an order for the Motorhead Ghetto kit from stedman. It is shipping tomorrow with the Tial 38mm External wastegate and the Tial blow-off valve. I also ordered a 2-stage boost controller. The say you can add a spacer plate and another injector to bring the system upto 350hp.

The turbo kit comes with the following:

# Polish alum intake/silicon hose
# Air cleaner ( Fit's inside Body Work )
# Stainless header
# 38mmTial Waste Gate
# FMU BEGI
# 3 Billet fuel rail inserts
# Oil feed Line
# Charge tube (Polished)
# Oil drain line
# Vac hose
# Boost & Fuel Gages ( Carbon Fiber Look by Auto meter )
# Check valves
# Fuel pump
# EFI fuel hose
# Dump Pipe & Gate Pipe
# Manifold straps
# Mits turbo custom made
# Mapping
# Upgradeable for more Power!

The kit costs $3595 with $250 for the blow-off valve installed

I will post pics and details of the install.

-SN

ghetto.jpeg

Happy days ! congrads mate .. nice bit of kit you got there .. can't wait for your install experience ;) pics pics pics !

you have to run race gas for about anything close to and over 300 hp... unless you run an innercooler or h20 injection

keep that in mind

I'm saving up and gonna go with dennis's kit. just gotta rake up the cash. Thinkin bout adding h20 injection for extra precaution but wondering how much $$ it will add.

you have to run race gas for about anything close to and over 300 hp... unless you run an innercooler or h20 injection

keep that in mind

I'm saving up and gonna go with dennis's kit.  just gotta rake up the cash.  Thinkin bout adding h20 injection for extra precaution but wondering how much $$ it will add.
$500-600 for the pump and setup plus tank.

What exactly is the h20 injection for ? is it purely to cool the intercooler and hence provide denser fuel/air to the engine ? Or is it actually injecting water into the cylinder to retard ignition under high boost / high rpm ?

it has nothing to do with an innercooler. Its to precool the incoming air with a very fine mist of water that evaporates before entering the motor. This will help with detonation under high (above 8lbs) boost and allow you to run a higher boost without burning up your motor.

Forget about using water to allow more boost!! It will help you do that yes, but it is better to look at it as extra insurace against detonation. The longre you run high boost even 7-8lbs at max. the hotter the firing will get.

yeah my plan is to use it as a precaution but just to help when I decide to run boost up to 8+ lbs

Congrats, I am waiting to go to physical therapy for my shoulder and then I can start riding mine. It is getting tuned right now.

Back