Custom turbo kit?

Sorry but i am a little at a loss for words about this set up.It looks like the outlet air from the turbo is having to travel from the bed under the body and up to the air box. Someone knows how to weld. I have a hard time imagening this set up would work on anything but a drag car. At full throttle you would probably see 10# of boost, at part throttle it will be a dog i am afraid. This setup is for looks, it goes against the laws of turbos. If the folks that built this setup are building yours do your homework.

I understand what you mean.. but I trust his work since he did lots of work on my car and the guy does it for a living.  This will be his first motorcycle turbo kit.  But as I said I trust him and I know his work.  I will post pictures once its done so you can see the quality for yourself.
We are also looking at Turboing our first motorbike engine.
We have done many car engine's over the years,
but this will be the first bike engine.

so would be keen to hear what he thinks the mains difference's/problems were from a car to a bike when it's done.

He can copy all the piping off other turbo kits.. the only hard part will be the intake.
Why is the intake box made that way? Wouldn't it be better if it was just one charge pipe that split into 4 and went straight to each throttle body? It would be more sufficient. With the box being there there's just too much turbulence. It's different if it's NA cause then the motor sucks in the air but with a turbo the air is being forced into the motor and with the box being there the forced air would just bounce around in the box until sucked into the motor. Just my 2c. So we're going to figure out some other way to do that air box.
I'll keep everyone posted.

that is a false concept
the air box/ plenum is to distribute the air evenly
if you pressurize it it will still force itself into the motor
dont try and over engineer the design you will hinder the setup more then improve onit
lots of builders in this industry have been building plenums with this type of design with no problems
if you pressurize a box with holes it will force itself out of the holes not bounce around till it is sucked out
that is the wrong way to think about it ;)

the design of a kit is simple in ways but also can be over thought
the exhaust is more key to the design then the plenum ;)

that is a false concept
dont try and over engineer the design you will hinder the setup more then improve onit
lots of builders in this industry have been building plenums with this type of design with no problems
if you pressurize a box with holes it will force itself out of the holes not bounce around till it is sucked out

+1

I am sure you can build a turbo setup.I am not trying to talk you out of it BUT i seem to gather you are very inexperienced with turbos and not sure if your shop can do this. Fab. should be no problem for them but everything else will be a problem - turbo choice, waste gate, fuel map etc. You may be better off going to a 40 shot nitrous kit. I know these large horse power numbers sound great but even after you get this kind of horse power you still have to get it to the ground.Also if you are like the rest of us and money is tight remember you will break parts sooner or later.It is the same as Drag Racing , its the complete package that counts not just a few bolt ons. good luck

that is a false concept

+1
+2

Back