RCC or Velocity?  DYI or have it done?

Bernard

Registered
I'm getting pretty close to making the move. Stage 1 is good enough for me, but let me ask, RCC or Velocity. DYI or have it done. I'm in Southern California. Any recommendations o who should do the work?

If you want to make the drive we can do it here in my shop and tune it also..I am a dealer for both products.

503-663-3278

RCC. The install not all that bad. You may want to consider pistons and spacer or at least a spacer. Boost is very addictive. You will start wanting to add more and more boost.
beerchug.gif

The fuel map is the most important part. Find a quality tuner. If you dont have a good tuner close, the drive will be well worth it.

They, RCC and Velocity are close to the same money for th stage 1 setup. I have a Velocity was not Happy with some things, did install myself and took there word that getting it dyno mapped was not nessesary, the map they send with the kit is fine, it was not. I melted pistons in about a month. the map and fuel pres settings they recamended were way to lean. I leaned this when I repaired the engine and purchased a wideband and data recorder as soon as boost hit it when past 18 to 1 on A/F. when this was relayed to the people at Velocity they acted like it was no big deal. so because of this I rec RCC. if you can do the install your self great, but get to a dyno and have a custom map done for your bike, as I have learned the hard way the tune up it THE most important thing to do, for a trouble free setup.

Re: RCC or Velocity?  DYI or have it done?

Def go RCC and unless your going to have it done by a reliable pro, do the install yourself very good instructions come with kit, then you ABSOLUTLY MUST HAVE A CUSTOM DYNO TUNE DONE, the spacer and pistons would be great but unless your going after a lot more boost stay with the stage1 get it tuned and have fun

Either kit is fine, I have a Velocity. Installed it myself in about 6 hours. You must have it dynoed and a custom map built. With either kit.

RCC and instal it yourself. Make sure you have an experienced turbo tuner to the tunning.

find a good tuner and ask what it would cost to have installed and tunned if your not good with a wrench if you are good with a wrench install rcc yourself then trailer it to the tuner for a custom map

how is your "mechanical" inclination? the kits I looked at looked pretty nicely engineered.. A guy of moderate ability should be able to install one.. but don't go riding it until it is tuned... you only get one fail :)

Fairly old post here,........is Bernard still around??????????:laugh:

Back