Which would you go with?

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, I am gonna be making a decision on the turbo set up in the next month or 2. The guys here specialize in Velocity systems, but originally I was looking at the RCC system. I am gonna be doing a stage 1 kit. They said that they will do the RCC system no problem, but they have done really good work with the Velocity.

I guess my question is, which would you choose and why? I know this has been beaten to death, but I wanna make a decision. Oh yeah don't bother mentioning other systems, I have narrowed it down to these 2.

Thanks guys.

I say the velocity system. The local there have experience and good results with it from what you are saying. They have probably already dealt with all the problems that could arise. If you go with the RCC, yes, you will be the first but you will also be the first to deal with any issues specific to that setup.

JMHO

Don

cool. If anybody has a pick of thier velocity setup I would like to see it, if you wouldn't mind. I know you guys like to post pics
beerchug.gif

You might could do a search or read the threads here and at the other Busa site and get feedback from actual owners of the various kits . Also , you might should learn as much as possible about the actual turbine units these differing kits use .

Gary Evans would also be a good source for info .

Myself , I would spend a little more and get the MCExpress kit from Next Level Racing .

http://www.nlrsystems.com/pages/mcx_suz_1300.html

But then again , I might go with a RCC kit . He has a new liquid cooled turbine unit available for use with a stage 1 set-up . You could always call all of them and ask about support after the sale , mapping ect .

I was between systems for a while and enndded up going with the system burt has because I was only looking for 250 hp and his unit, has al the well made drivability built in, small evo3 turbo that has water cool line, keeps stock oill level and cooler, but if i was stuck between the rcc and velocoty, I would have to go rcc, and thats only based on the fact that when I was trying to figure out what kit to get, richard actually was contactable and when I got in touch with velocity I wasnt treated very welll {not bad but not great}.... With a turbo kt you are going to want tech support that answers the phone..
But anyway the kit burt has is like 3700 and comes with a pc3, plus burt answers the phone everytmie I call {THATS HUGE}
bowdown.gif

But good luck, my kit should be here in a week or so so if you want too see pics and any more info just let me know..
Burts site is WWW.1320Straitliners.com GOOD LUCK

Velocity all the way. I started with the basic stage 1 and have upgraded to a stage 2 with all options. Here are some pics with the stage 1 setup
PC130006.jpg

PC130008.jpg

PC130002.jpg

Back