Choose between RCC Stage 1 and Stage 2 turbo for Gen2

sbarna992

Registered
Hey family,
I had a quick question about turbo'ing my 2013 (Gen 2) busa. Did some research and kinda impressed by RCC turbo's kits. I'm thinking about getting one. I'm having a little difficulty deciding between an RCC stage 1 and a stage 2 kit. My goals are street-ability and room for more power later. My research tells me (and I might be wrong) that am RCC stage 2 allows for this better(?) for lack of a better term. Also it seems that the stage 2 allows for variable boost while the stage 1 does not. So, my questions are:
1. Does a RCC stage 1 kit require engine internal modifications? If so, what are they?
2. Does a RCC stage 2 kit require engine internal modifications? If so, what are they?
3. Are there any general guidelines (or quick pro's and con's) to how to decide between a RCC stage 1 and RCC stage 2 kit?

Once again my goals are street-ability and adding more power later.

thanks so much once again guys (and gals) and I look forward to hearing from someone regarding this!

Hey family,
I had a quick question about turbo'ing my 2013 (Gen 2) busa. Did some research and kinda impressed by RCC turbo's kits. I'm thinking about getting one. I'm having a little difficulty deciding between an RCC stage 1 and a stage 2 kit. My goals are street-ability and room for more power later. My research tells me (and I might be wrong) that am RCC stage 2 allows for this better(?) for lack of a better term. Also it seems that the stage 2 allows for variable boost while the stage 1 does not. So, my questions are:
1. Does a RCC stage 1 kit require engine internal modifications? If so, what are they?
2. Does a RCC stage 2 kit require engine internal modifications? If so, what are they?
3. Are there any general guidelines (or quick pro's and con's) to how to decide between a RCC stage 1 and RCC stage 2 kit?

Once again my goals are street-ability and adding more power later.

thanks so much once again guys (and gals) and I look forward to hearing from someone regarding this!
Hi. I have been looking for a while, it is hard to pick one. I was looking at the RCC kit It is one they do not advertise it is there 1000 HP kit or a custom one from DME.. I would go with the RCC stage 2 kit, but if you are going to build I would get there super ultra one. I have custom JE pistons, custom C.P. Corrillo rods and a Marine billet stroker crank. You can call me at 508-496-3312.

Sooo speaking from experience, no matter what stage turbo you get, I would do something to the motor. You might get away with it for a while, then you'll want more power and build the motor. Or you might be forced to rebuild/build motor. *Wink wink*

Back