Ghetto Turbo  kit

macmode

Donating Member
Registered
I was thinking of getting the 08 busa. But then I though get a turbo on my 05 instead. I was looking at the ghetto kit from Motorhead . Can anybody tell me if they have one and do you like it.

Build your own kit, call Burt at 1320straightliners, he can hook you up with the arts and you will save a ton of money....
I did my own kit, but changed a bunch off stuff and ended up making a lot more work for myself, but its the wa I want it, iI have a water cooled center section, with a nice little turbo {thats good for up to 400hp}, a kick ass fuel system with billet fuel rail, all AN fittings, Billet filter seperatet reg and FMU, S.S header, S.S dump pipes, tail external gate, BOV, and I kept my oil cooler and everything in its stock location... Install was easy..
If I can give you any advice, its to keep it simple, a effecient turbo with 5 ps of boost with wrk on your stock motor for ever and still give you 235-245hp, but it will drive like a stocker until the turbo kicks in.... I went ovewrboard with a wideband and a bnch of extra electronics that arent needed {I wish I hadent}, simple is better...
Any way give Burt a ring hell get you going...

The Ghetto kits are great. I would run them if i was gonna do one.

The ghetto kit comes with some cheaper fittings and with a blow offlvee your gonna spend over $4K...
If you buy
EVO3 Turbo- 750 {ready for the gate with all the dumps}
Tial 38mm gate- 200
Header- 450
intake and up pipes- 400
Blow off valve- 125
hoses fittings and connectors- 150
Fuel pump, rail, fmu, regulator, filter, and other fuel parts- 375
power commander- 265
And you will end up spending around $2700 {With a pc3!!!}, but having a better kit, with a better appretiation of how it works...

Plus you can save money by buying a regular t3/t4 or 16g, but the evo3 is pretty kick ass unit... And you will have all Aluminum AN fittings, silicone hoses, Billet fuel parts, seperate reg and FMU {I dont care what anynoe says its way better than an all in one unit, a little more money but well worth it}...

So if your happy with 250 hp and not afraid of doing a little of the leg work yourself its an easy decision, and even if you want more power, just add a spacer plate kit, a secondary fuel injection system, rods, ect, and the EVo3 will make 400 easy....

(turb06LE240 @ Jul. 15 2007,21:23) The ghetto kit comes with some cheaper fittings and with a blow offlvee your gonna spend over $4K...
If you buy
EVO3 Turbo- 750 {ready for the gate with all the dumps}
Tial 38mm gate- 200
Header- 450
intake and up pipes- 400
Blow off valve- 125
hoses fittings and connectors- 150
Fuel pump, rail, fmu, regulator, filter, and other fuel parts- 375
power commander- 265
And you will end up spending around $2700 {With a pc3!!!}, but having a better kit, with a better appretiation of how it works...

Plus you can save money by buying a regular t3/t4 or 16g, but the evo3 is pretty kick ass unit... And you will have all Aluminum AN fittings, silicone hoses, Billet fuel parts, seperate reg and FMU {I dont care what anynoe says its way better than an all in one unit, a little more money but well worth it}...

So if your happy with 250 hp and not afraid of doing a little of the leg work yourself its an easy decision, and even if you want more power, just add a spacer plate kit, a secondary fuel injection system, rods, ect, and the EVo3 will make 400 easy....
Don't know where you got your prices but all that I glanced at was higher then you typed.
Maybe Burt gave you a deal.
Wastegate 225
Headers 650
Plenum not including up pipe 450
Just a few examples.

Burt at 1320straightliners has good stuff. He only uses the best from what i've heard.

I actually shot high.
Burt just had some new headers made up and bought them in bulk {he gets Around 450-500 for them}, the intake isnt a RCC, its more like the hahn intake and much less expensive {I believe burt sells them for 150}.
The gate is available on ebay for what I put in there, and if you dont have to have tial you can save even more with an OBX, and you can save even more getting an OBX reg and FMU {I have a few freinds that run just OBX parts and swear by them, there FMU is identical to the vortech just different colors}...
So I actually went over, we are in the middle of doing a kit for my buddies Busa, and it looks like hes gonn get away with it for around $2100 with some really nice parts....
Plus if you send all the welding out yourself {if you have a good local welding shop} you can save even more....

love my ghetto kit... going strong for nearly 3 yrs.
super.gif

Not sure whats happened lately with the Ghetto kits but my best friend still only has half of a stage one kit he paid for in full and we are going on six months of waiting. Just be careful.............

(fstbusa @ Jul. 15 2007,19:02) love my ghetto kit... going strong for nearly 3 yrs.  
super.gif
So where ya been? I just fixed 1st gear in mine, will be gone for a couple weeks, then back to the track the 27th for the fun night. You should go, there aren't many cars out and the air is good.

(Dennis @ Jul. 15 2007,10:02)
(fstbusa @ Jul. 15 2007,19:02) love my ghetto kit... going strong for nearly 3 yrs.
super.gif
So where ya been? I just fixed 1st gear in mine, will be gone for a couple weeks, then back to the track the 27th for the fun night. You should go, there aren't many cars out and the air is good.
been real busy... been seein your bike at church off and on. I haven't ridden much this yr yet. Trying to plan a wedding along with a bunch of other side projects I have going on.

Heading out on thursday for a 5 day jaunt to south dakota to tear up the black hills out there on dirtbikes..... should be a great time!!!!
cool.gif

I wpnt deal with Barry, I heard to many horror stories, plus when I was looking into my stage 2 kit, I gave hi a call and got treated like **** twice over the phone, like they had no time for me, and it took about 10 calls to even get an answer...
But that heads up kit is simular to what you can build for 2700, that actually looks like the intake Burt has cheap.... But I think heads up relys totally on a mapping no fmu, they have you modify your fuel pump basket, then raise your fuel psi to say 60psi, and use your pc to change the map accross the board, with an fmu you only really need small changes after boost...

stick with an established "kit". I'm my opinion I would go RCC for the street. Talk to Richard....

There's lots of turbo posts to read through. Always take them with a grain of salt and make your own best judgment based on your needs and budget.

(Commuta_Busa @ Jul. 16 2007,06:24) stick with an established "kit". I'm my opinion I would go RCC for the street. Talk to Richard....

There's lots of turbo posts to read through. Always take them with a grain of salt and make your own best judgment based on your needs and budget.
When you are only making 6psi, the kit really doesnt matter, I like richards kit but why spend an extra $2K when you can do it yourself and get more...
All you need is a turbo, header, plenom, up pipe, and dump pipes. The rest of the parts are all off the shelf...

We put a kit on a GSXR1000 for 1900 in parts, And he races the bike... Why spend $4K+, when you can search around the boards and Ebay for the parts and take your time.... Everybody is at least 6 weeks out for a kit, so you can build it yourself faster... And its simple

(turb06LE240 @ Jul. 16 2007,06
zzwhip.gif
)
(Commuta_Busa @ Jul. 16 2007,06:24) stick with an established "kit". I'm my opinion I would go RCC for the street. Talk to Richard....

When you are only making 6psi, the kit really doesnt matter, I like richards kit but why spend an extra $2K when you can do it yourself and get more...
All you need is a turbo, header, plenom, up pipe, and dump pipes. The rest of the parts are all off the shelf...

We put a kit on a GSXR1000 for 1900 in parts, And he races the bike... Why spend $4K+, when you can search around the boards and Ebay for the parts and take your time.... Everybody is at least 6 weeks out for a kit, so you can build it yourself faster... And its simple
+1, the header pipe & plenum is the tough part, once past that everything else is pretty easy. Getting it to run smooth is usually the issue. A turbo is nothing if it runs like crap so a good tuning is certainly in order.

(GPW @ Jul. 16 2007,08:24)
(turb06LE240 @ Jul. 16 2007,06
zzwhip.gif
)

+1, the header pipe & plenum is the tough part, once past that everything else is pretty easy. Getting it to run smooth is usually the issue.  A turbo is nothing if it runs like crap so a good tuning is certainly in order.
Exactly and Burt has a cheap intake and header so the rest pretty much plug and play... These guys are trying to make $2000 on each kit, I could see the high price when they first started making the kits, but now its old news, and everyone does it... Plus its not like your paying and getting your item shipped the next week, you pay then they make the kit then ship it {The fastest rite now is rcc at about 4 weeks}..
As far as the tune, I was reallyclose with a ghetto 10lb map, I just cleaned it up a little, but it wasnt a noticable differencce after the tune, it ran nice from the first time I started it up....

Back