Turbo Hayabusa Vs Turbo ZX12R

DSMGSXGuy

Registered
I was just wondering how say a stg 1 ghetto turbo kit on a busa would fare against a zx12r stg 1 turbo kit in terms of power and top speed potential...would the busa still be on top or what? I was also curious if there are other bikes, that once turbod would knock out even a turbo busa be it on the same level of modification? (its a given u can mod almost any bike to be ridiculously fast, so Im asking the question based on if they are both modded equally).

Since the busa owner would have about $5000 less in the turbo kit, even if the 12 were faster, the busa guy wins.

From what I've read it's extremely difficult to boost a 12...But in comparison it would take slightly more to bring the 12 up on HP to the Busa...Given an equal or close to HP it would be dependent on the better rider...You must also consider that any other boost bike has the potential to out run a boost Busa...No one plays fair when their building a bike so you run what you brung...But in a nutshell equally boosted bikes for the most part will run just about the same it all boils down to the riders...

this whole line of thought came about b/c I have a friend w/ a shandyturbokitted Yamaha R6 was saying hed easily outdue a stock busa in the 1/4 and top speed w/ the right gearing...figured it was just bs talk, and again, I know you can build a pos bike to being ungodly fast, I meant the question(s) with the idea of equal modification involved, or at least close to it lol.

"you run what you brung" haha Ima have to steal that from you.

a boosted gixxer1k would be close to a busa and may even beat it. It may have a tad less power but it has considerably less weight.

ALTHOUGH

a boosted 1k would be dang near impossible to keep on the ground without an arm or gearing. Da Busa doesn't have that much of a problem even with stock gearing and a stock arm.

The PROBLEM with the 12 is it uses its frame as an airbox and needs to be modified to handle the pressure that a turbo puts out and that costs alot to do and not sacrifice the integrity of the frame. It it considerably cheaper and easier to boost a busa with the way the airbox was. Otherwise I bet there wouldnt be much difference in performance.

what is that r6 putting out? Sounds like another bike thats hard to keep planted.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119956364 -->

Been there.... Done that....

My buddy has a pretty souped up ZX12R-Turbo.
It's fast... real fast.
He and I have played around.
To date... the Busa reigns supreme.

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

so are there any vids out there or anyones personal experiences of a turbod gsxr1000 taking on a turbo hayabusa?

Back