Mr Turbo oil change help

Hemiap

Registered
So I attempted to change the oil on my Mr turbo bike. I can not get the oil filter off. Do I have to remove the hole turbo to get the filter off? If I do, do I have to replace the gaskets? Im not looking forward to this either way...

Its an 05 Busa with a stg 1 Mr Turbo kit on it.

Thanks

the turbo hangs low on the kits, probobly have to unbolt the exhaust housing and lower it to get to the filter, hopefully keeping the header on. Post up some pics. if it's a stainless steel gasket u should be able to re use it, take a look, they're only a couple of bucks, check out the site for a smaller oil filter I believe K&N sells one that u might be able to use next time avoiding this problem in the future.

the turbo hangs low on the kits, probobly have to unbolt the exhaust housing and lower it to get to the filter, hopefully keeping the header on. Post up some pics. if it's a stainless steel gasket u should be able to re use it, take a look, they're only a couple of bucks, check out the site for a smaller oil filter I believe K&N sells one that u might be able to use next time avoiding this problem in the future.

If you absolutey have to, you can unbolt the turbo from the main flange coming off the header. You will not have to take the turbo off. That gasket can be reused. Replace your oil filter with a KN-138 and you should not have a problem next time.

Thanks for the info, I just tightened the old filter back up and changed the rest of the oil. I put 4 qts in the bike, thats what I drained out. I will unbolt the turbo and replace the filter with the k&n one. The shop that changed the oil last refuses to use k&n filters, because supposivly one of there tubo bikes sucked the filter up and blew the motor. But no ones touching my bike any more but me!!

also, I just compared the stock suzuki filter with the kn-138 (I use these on my track bike) There is very little difference, Im still not sure it will work.

Ok i need help on which oil filter to go with. The K&N is to big also. I guess im going to have to just move the turbo every time I change the filter...

71cf7d90.jpg

cc6a783a.jpg

e9a95652.jpg

2cbe4e4b.jpg

It is a little hard from the pictures to tell exactly what is going on with your set up. You do have some play between the turbo and its main flange - you might try loosening the four main bolts and moving the whole turbo slightly. It may give you enough room.

Last edited:
If I could rotate the turbo towards the front left brake caliper I could get enough room. It just honestly looks like there is no way to fit a filter on without cutting the nipple down some or just moving the turbo and doing it that way. Luckily its a show bike so I wont be changing the oil too often..

If I could rotate the turbo towards the front left brake caliper I could get enough room. It just honestly looks like there is no way to fit a filter on without cutting the nipple down some or just moving the turbo and doing it that way. Luckily its a show bike so I wont be changing the oil too often..

There should be some play there - try rotating it slightly counterclockwise on its flange . . . please post if that works for you.:whistle:

No way to do it without dropping the turbo. I removed the left fairing and then the filter tube. Theres oil hoses and the intake hose. Once i removed all three turbo bolts I was able to drop in and barely push it out enough to put a new filter on. The gasket was metal and I just reused it. My next turbo bike will not have this problem. I really need to call mr turbo and talk to them to see if this is normal. But they have some banker hours mon-wed 3-5pm...

Back