Vegas vs the bash

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
The house mouse works hard,and deserves a break more than I do.

So, wherever I go,she's coming with me.

Which makes going to the Bash do-able,but frantic.

Unless I pay like 1200.oo a person,we would have to fly with stop overs and fly at night. Leaving Canada on Friday to hit Seattle then Dallas or Chicago or Georgia,with hours of lay over. Getting there would take a day roughly. Then we would need to rent a car and have my wife drive unfamilar interstates to get to the bash.(no fun for her). Then we'd have to split Saturday night or early Sunday morning to get her back for work at 8:00 am Monday morning. Her boss resently sold the company so instead of asking a 17 year employer for time off,she's asking the new owner(about 2 months he's owned it) so you can see her predicament.

I thought about going myself,and of course would have her blessing,but then I'd be a burden on someone else for transpo from airports an' shid...and thats just not my style.

So, unfortunately, I will have to pass on the Bash this time around. I just don't have 2 or 3 grand to drop right now either,thats what it'll end up costing in the end('cause I haven't worked in 8 months).

I guess I have to do something I hate...be a resposible adult.

YUK.

Jesus Murphy
sad.gif

Jesus Murphy  
sad.gif
I had my heart set on the bash too brother T.

The airlines just are not that good to folks this far north west.

Few hours to Seattle.5 hrs in the air to Dallas. Sit for a few hrs. Few more hrs in the air to somewhere near the bash. Then some time in a rental car,just to have lunch and maybe dinner,then turn around and do it all again the next day.

I just wont do that to my wife.

I still like her....hahahaha

Damn... My timing sux, would love to get to Vegas... Don't think time off is going to be there...

The house mouse works hard,and deserves a break more than I do.

So, wherever I go,she's coming with me.

Which makes going to the Bash do-able,but frantic.

Unless I pay like 1200.oo a person,we would have to fly with stop overs and fly at night. Leaving Canada on Friday to hit Seattle then Dallas or Chicago or Georgia,with hours of lay over. Getting there would take a day roughly. Then we would need to rent a car and have my wife drive unfamilar interstates to get to the bash.(no fun for her). Then we'd have to split Saturday night or early Sunday morning to get her back for work at 8:00 am Monday morning.  Her boss resently sold the company so instead of asking a 17 year employer for time off,she's asking the new owner(about 2 months he's owned it) so you can see her predicament.

I thought about going myself,and of course would have her blessing,but then I'd be a burden on someone else for transpo from airports an' shid...and thats just not my style.

So, unfortunately, I will have to pass on the Bash this time around.  I just don't have 2 or 3 grand to drop right now either,thats what it'll end up costing in the end('cause I haven't worked in 8 months).

I guess I have to do something I hate...be a resposible adult.

YUK.
I'm travelling that weekend too, Tampa to Miami to Sao Paulo Brazil to Brazillia Brazil, then about a 6 hour bus ride to the project site. It ends up being 19 hours travel time before the bus ride. It's for more than just a weekend though so I should be able to rest up for the trip home the following week.

Kevin
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143160866 -->

Hey, there's always next year, right Andy?
cool.gif

Vegas is fun...you'll have a blast there too, just no Ben to pick on...want us to ship him out to you?
biggrin.gif

Allright!!

You are planning the same dates as our Vegas ride, right? Only 1 month away!!!

Jesus Murphy  
sad.gif
I had my heart set on the bash too brother T.

The airlines just are not that good to folks this far north west.

Few hours to Seattle.5 hrs in the air to Dallas. Sit for a few hrs. Few more hrs in the air to somewhere near the bash. Then some time in a rental car,just to have lunch and maybe dinner,then turn around and do it all again the next day.

I just wont do that to my wife.

I still like her....hahahaha
I like her too............
jump9.gif

You know it's all good Rub- have a wing ding bud, and put $20 on 3s the hard way for me!!

cool.gif

Vegas is fun...you'll have a blast there too, just no Ben to pick on...want us to ship him out to you?  
biggrin.gif
That is genius Michelle-  aint gonna be cheap, he's a big boy!
but I'm not picky about meals so it should be cheap!
biggrin.gif
Lets see we need a crate 7 feet long,4 feet wide. A few air holes,some lettuce and shedded newspaper for those little accidents, and we're good to go.

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

biggrin.gif
That is genius Michelle-  aint gonna be cheap, he's a big boy!
but I'm not picky about meals so it should be cheap!
biggrin.gif
Lets see we need a crate 7 feet long,4 feet wide. A few air holes,some lettuce and shedded newspaper for those little accidents, and we're good to go.
not SOME shredded news paper... We would need ALOT for someone my size.
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

well, when you make it too dallas give me a shout and we can hook up for dinner. would be my honor!!!

FWIW, I found some flights for ya that are a bit cheaper.... still not cheap but like 1772 for both of ya... trick is you'd fly here to RDU, stay the night and then follow us up to the mountains. Fly in on the 25th, fly home on the 30th. Just figured I'd toss out that option
cool.gif

I hear Vegas is fun though
wink.gif

Back