VA Spring Ride Attendance

sageronin

Donating Member
Registered
Okay all here's the deal ... we're doing this on May 7th. You can plan on this being an all day ride. We'll meet up early in the morning, ride all day with some judicious rest stops and finish up before dark.

Just like last year a few of us locals will do a pre-ride. Then we will post a detailed route plan with directions, start and stop times for each segment of the ride. This will give everyone an opportunity to join us or leave us at any of the rest stops. Depending on total attendance we may decide to depart in two or more groups, meaning two or more sets of leads and sweepers.

Stay tuned for more info. Here is the suggested route that we will be doing. Post here if you plan to attend!!

Oh yeah, the rain date is May 14th.

I will have to wait closer to the date to tell if I can attend or not, but as of right now I am planning on it.

I'll be there... but of course you already knew that.
smile.gif
I'll take some good pics on the pre-ride and post just like last time with the detailed agenda.

Anyone heard from Martin (04BusaVA)? He hasn't logged in since Jan 14th...

rock.gif
Hope everything's okay; I know he'd want to go on this run...

I'm down for the ride, if I have my bike put back together by then.

AND...where's Paul (UUBusa)?
rock.gif

I'm going to miss Germain and Tiffany too...who's gonna take all those pics?!

Where is the starting point supposed to be? Was just curious and wanting to type into yahoo to see the distance from my house.

Riders will meet at a McDonalds across from Winchester Hospital, Winchester, Virginia

Exact address is: 1887 Amherst Street Winchester VA 22601

umm... with the exception of the 30 or so miles in VA around Winchester, how else is this a VA spring ride?
rock.gif
Not sure if I can pull off Winchester, something closer to central VA or SW VA are possible but Winchester to Wva is a hual
sad.gif

Well after looking I don't know if I can do this or not riding all the way.

Distance: 370.3 miles Approximate Travel Time: 6 hours 35 mins

I may have to check about getting a trailer if I decide to make the ride.
sad.gif

umm... with the exception of the 30 or so miles in VA around Winchester, how else is this a VA spring ride?
rock.gif
Not sure if I can pull off Winchester, something closer to central VA or SW VA are possible but Winchester to Wva is a hual
sad.gif
So would this be any better for you?
smile.gif

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

Seriously, the majority of the riders on the fall ride were from the Washington D.C. metro area. It was 56 miles from downtown D.C. to Fredericksburg for the last ride. This time it is 75 miles from D.C. to Winchester, or 136 miles from Richmond to Winchester. Sageronin rode 100 miles to Fredericksburg last time (it was about 85 for me), so whatever location is chosen there will be those that have to push a little harder to get there than the others.

It is called the VA spring ride becuase most riders will be from VA, but as most D.C. area riders know, getting south or west into the mountains and scenery is much more enjoyable than following cars in traffic. Last time we skirted the border of WV going down 81, this time we cross the border and venture into the high country of WV where there is little traffic, lots of twisties, some good straights, and beautiful scenery throughout. Info on the Potomac Highlands region of WV

I guess this is what happens when you let a Marylander and a West Virginian plan a Virginia spring ride. We'll let Michelle plan the next one to get her revenge.
biggrin.gif

well 135miles from Richmond.... hmm... I can crash at my parents friday night and maybe make it up there sat morning.... just depends on what time you guys are talkin about getting started
wink.gif

Hey ya'll...I'm back.....been busy moving my office and my network was down for about 3 weeks, it's still not 100% but I've got connectivity....

Michelle....thanks for thinking about me
Warren.....thansks for the pm

You can count me in for this run and if anyone doesn't mind crashing on the sofa bed or floor I've got plenty of room for you outa towners.....

Back