UK moves to ban controversial Islamist group

HERE is an article written by a friend of mine of over 20 years. Not all Muslims believe the same thing. Some realize that in order to survive we must learn to live among one another. I am not Muslim and he has never tried to kill me.

HERE is an article written by a friend of mine of over 20 years. Not all Muslims believe the same thing. Some realize that in order to survive we must learn to live among one another. I am not Muslim and he has never tried to kill me.
Wow you mean there are moderate Muslims who understand that the Koran has ambiguities and choose not to interpret it like the radicals? What a concept......

No sir, they are not completely contradictory nor are they partially contradictory.

No explanation needed.

This statement is simply covering itself and does not point to muslims at large, it instead focuses on "Hate Groups". Lump them together with white supremists and they are all the same, it is just that the ones that come from a muslim heritage tend not to have blue eyes and blond hair.

what do you think islam is bro? what, they're a charity group? all they do are good deeds, and it's these extremists that make them all look bad? read up a bit more about islam and get back to us. they encourage violence against non muslims, just for being non muslim.

what do you think islam is bro? what, they're a charity group? all they do are good deeds, and it's these extremists that make them all look bad? read up a bit more about islam and get back to us. they encourage violence against non muslims, just for being non muslim.
Gotta call you on this one. Radical Islam certainly does call for the eradication of infidels, however this is just one interpretation of the Koran. There are millions of moderate Muslims who recognize this as an affront to what they believe. There are radicals in just about every religion, all should be taken seriously because there is nobody scarier than someone who believes God wants them to kill people, but we must not judge the entire religion they claim based on what they do.

Even in jest, these are some of the most absurd statements I have seen here.

Unfortunately, they illustrate the all too common sentiment shared by greater America and the members here. It is easy to motivate a Christian dominated Army when the "enemy" can be simply identified as a competing theology. How many millions more will die in this world due to religiously motivated violence?

:laugh:
Humour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"the noble koran 9:29"

fight against those who believe not in allah, nor in the last day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by allah and his messenger, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (islam) among the people of the scripture (jews and christians), until they pay the jizyah with willing submission and feel themselves subdued

"the noble koran 9:5"

Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them... but if they repent and accept islam... then leave their way free

what part of kill do you fail to understand?

If you were being funny, I retract my statement. Thought you were being serious....

When I first started, I noticed these religious/political discussions. And there
are some very bright, talented writers like projekt, but sometimes members
are getting boitchy with each other. So I decided to avoid all of this and
just stay on the lighter side. So I ain't never serious!:laugh::beerchug:

I had no idea that we had so many people supporting the enemy that we are at war with..... I guess we are going to have a long, long time dealing with the Middle East. Oh well, some of us try to keep you safe. Of course, nothing is 100% fool proof.

I had no idea that we had so many people supporting the enemy that we are at war with..... I guess we are going to have a long, long time dealing with the Middle East. Oh well, some of us try to keep you safe. Of course, nothing is 100% fool proof.

Who here has supported the enemy?

And FYI you do nothing to keep me safe.

When I first started, I noticed these religious/political discussions. And there
Gotcha.:beerchug:

Who, exactly, is the enemy? I had no idea we were engaged in a Holy War against Muslims. Did I miss that memo?

Wow you mean there are moderate Muslims who understand that the Koran has ambiguities and choose not to interpret it like the radicals? What a concept......

I'm sure there are, but who seems to be running the show for them right now, the moderates or the radicals? The moderate Muslims need to show the world that THEY run the Muslim show and stop this radical streak themselves - but they DON'T...

I'm sure there are, but who seems to be running the show for them right now, the moderates or the radicals? The moderate Muslims need to show the world that THEY run the Muslim show and stop this radical streak themselves - but they DON'T...
I agree completely, they should. They haven't and it's reflecting very poorly on them.

I agree completely, they should. They haven't and it's reflecting very poorly on them.

And I won't believe them or trust them until they do. Make peace with Israel (who I think have tried in good faith more than once); publicly denounce radical Islam and go after those who practice it. Until then, they should not be shocked when the non-muslim world primarily identifies muslims as dangerous extremists bent on world domination.

uh yea, they started it :moon:

remember, jihad?
"They started it...." WTF, are we in grade school now?:moon:
You think the 9/11 attack was the start? This conflict has been going on for centuries my friend. The only thing that surprised me about 9/11 was that it didn't happen sooner.

And I won't believe them or trust them until they do. Make peace with Israel (who I think have tried in good faith more than once); publicly denounce radical Islam and go after those who practice it. Until then, they should not be shocked when the non-muslim world primarily identifies muslims as dangerous extremists bent on world domination.
Fair enough. I disagree, but understand that's a logical stance to take.

Come on, I knew it was humor. Thus, I started my statement with "Even in jest"..
You didn't expect me to pass up on that opportunity? Did you? :no:

Back