2013 legislation to ban over 120 guns

mysql

Registered
In January, Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devises.

Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocksâ€￾ and “bullet buttonsâ€￾ to address attempts to “work aroundâ€￾ prior bans
Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

"Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration" for grandfathered ownership.

Keep that stuff in CA:banghead:

Someone should play this in open Congressional Hearings when she brings this up:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I'm not the only one who noticed this part:

• Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    • Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

So they expect everyone who currently owns one of these scary guns to have it registered as though it were a Class III weapon?

I would share how that makes me feel, but I'd have to ban myself...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

If this is passed it will be a important date in US history, the end of our freedom as we know it. The first open step in the destruction of our freedoms and the constitution. It will end badly for our country.

So they expect everyone who currently owns one of these scary guns to have it registered as though it were a Class III weapon?

I would share how that makes me feel, but I'd have to ban myself...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

It's an underhanded tax on gun owners. They want a $200 tax stamp.

It's taken over 9 months to get my NFA for my silencer... Can you imagine how long it would take to get EVERYONE a background check on EVERY weapon?

By the time they get to everyone, they'll all be antiques anyway. :laugh:

Can anyone find the actual bill itself? I looked and only found overviews as listed above. Im curious which 120 specific arms made the list.

After talking with a buddy out here who owns a firearms business, we've come to the conclusion that this bill is most likely designed to fail...our opinion is that they'll introduce this, knowing that it won't make muster, and then negotiate back to a more "reasonable" regulation...similar to haggling over an item on craigslist....they're lowballing the congress to get what they want :laugh:

It's taken over 9 months to get my NFA for my silencer... Can you imagine how long it would take to get EVERYONE a background check on EVERY weapon?

Jeez Doug, NINE months? I'm still awaiting serial numbers....I may have a problem Houston...

Back