Controversial billboards

BTW, I enjoy these discussions. Nobody is going to offend me by anything they say on this subject matter. See my first paragraph on my last post for clarification!

If my tone gets a little tense at times, it's merely because I find the limitations of the English language a bit frustrating when attempting to describe things like feelings and beliefs. Explanations are frequently difficult to come by.

--Wag--

Last edited:
BTW, I enjoy these discussions. Nobody is going to offend me by anything they say on this subject matter. See my first paragraph on my last post for clarification!

If my tone gets a little tense at times, it's merely because I find the limitations of the English language a bit frustrating when attempting to describe things like feelings and beliefs. Explanations are frequently difficult to come by.

--Wag--

I knew what you were trying to say and I didn't take anything offensive. The only thing I have to say is don't let people get between you and God. I myself have been hurt by fellow Christians. I think it hurt me more than if it was a stranger because I expected more from them. But I realized I can't blame God for the actions of man. Things can get really deep here. I think I'll leave it at that. I think I got my thought across.

I knew what you were trying to say and I didn't take anything offensive. The only thing I have to say is don't let people get between you and God. I myself have been hurt by fellow Christians. I think it hurt me more than if it was a stranger because I expected more from them. But I realized I can't blame God for the actions of man. Things can get really deep here. I think I'll leave it at that. I think I got my thought across.

I seem to recall that you've said that before and it is appreciated, rest assured. However, even though the overzealous evangelical efforts of some have nothing to do with why I'm not a religious adherent. Or, more importantly, why I don't believe in god.

Firstly, at a time when I needed god the most, he wasn't there for me and given the teachings of the Bible, etc. the only realistic conclusion was that he either wasn't there or he hates me. (Not really on that last!)

Secondly, in all of my efforts to do as god willed, the overriding principles which kept rearing their ugly heads were fear and guilt. Again, this had only to do with the faith, not the organized religion of it. That was a different problem altogether.

It was never about other people. It was about me and god. As it should be. As I realized he isn't there, all my guilt and fear and distress and worry were swept away. Not overnight. It took a bit of time but since then, every aspect of my life from financial to spiritual and everything in between has improved radically.

--Wag--

atheists believe you can't enjoy life believing in god? Nothing against their personal amount of knowledge but that makes them look stupid as a group. Their lack of knowledge of the source material is apparent and embarrassing. but, they are getting the free press which, I am sure was the ORIGINAL intention anyway :)

I thought being athiest meant no belief in god or organized beliefs period. Grouping to denounce god is against being an athiest. :rulez:

I truly respect anyone who sincerely believes in any religion. Just as I truly respect anyone who sincerely believes in anything. All I'm asking is for that respect to be reciprocated. How am I hurting anyone? I'm not luring children away from church. My beliefs only impact 3 children in the world and they have been given the opportunity to learn about both sides of th debate and make their own decision.

Personally, I just can't get my head around the existence of a god. It just doesn't make sense to me. To me, things described as divine intervention can be explained with science. But if the opposite works for you, knock yourself out. Don't preach to me and I won't preach to you.

Last edited:
I thought being athiest meant no belief in god or organized beliefs period. Grouping to denounce god is against being an athiest. :rulez:

Atheists do not believe in a higher power/diety. Organized beliefs do not only apply to religion. Those who do not believe in any organized beliefs are anarchists.

It's a tool for sin, just like a gun is merely a tool for murder

I can kill somebody with a #2 pencil faster than a kid with a gun....now which tool is more deadly??
guess the one wielding the "weapon" also becomes part of the equation.
life is always more complicated than one singular situation-how many idiots use cars every year to kill how many people???

i can go on for days....:whistle:

Had to do something to get ya movin' before you freeze your butt to the ground up there.

--Wag--

Firstly, at a time when I needed god the most, he wasn't there for me and given the teachings of the Bible, etc. the only realistic conclusion was that he either wasn't there or he hates me. (Not really on that last!)

--Wag--

I assure you he was there my friend. Sometimes we don't get the answer or help in the way we are hoping for but he DOES love you no matter what you've done and he's waiting for Lou. If you'd like to PM me for a better detailed answer you can (IF your interested that is:laugh:)

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread. When I sat back, read through and re read, it dawned on me. It dawned on me that so much of what my religion teaches is coming true right before my eyes. Prophesies are being fulfilled in our day and time.

I'm not going to get into quoting of scriptures or telling of signs, God gave everyone free will to choose who he serves. As for me the choice is simple. Each one of you have the right to believe anything you so choose to believe. I wish each of you luck with your choices.

I assure you he was there my friend. Sometimes we don't get the answer or help in the way we are hoping for but he DOES love you no matter what you've done and he's waiting for Lou. If you'd like to PM me for a better detailed answer you can (IF your interested that is:laugh:)

You just don't get it do you? If someone makes a statement of fact or comments outside your world of beliefs you deny, deny, deny. Hilarious, really! :D

I've been on both sides of the fence. Not only was god not there when I needed him the most, he wasn't there ever. Not when he would have been slightly useful, not when he was desperately needed and not when it really mattered.

So, if you insist, tell me. What went wrong? No need to PM, I'm open.

--Wag--

AH-HA!:poke:

I knew you missed me braddah:cheerleader:

*appearently you're in the very exclusive BigD fanclub:population=1:moon:*:welcome:

the voice of reason was here for a minute....but thank G0Dness i scared him off...

with a Pitt Bull:poke:

Back