Atheist Soldier sues DOD

Imagine if someone you knew was getting on a plane that you KNEW was gonna blow-up. Do you try and talk them out of taking that flight, of coarse. What if they don't believe you?
99, your posts usually make me smile, too. The plane example is very effective. I, on the other hand, know that the plane is not going to blow up, and that you mean well. I commend you for that
beerchug.gif
Thank you for that. On the off chance what IF I'm right? Concider doing some open minded investigating JUST to make sure you shouldn't take a parachute
tounge.gif

. . . just as prayer was removed from the school system. Once prayer was removed it was only a matter of time and things went to crap.

<snip>

Before we do this though, God needs to be placed in our individual homes.
You're kinda right and kinda not.

Prayer left the homes before it left the schools. You'll never convince me that a god-fearing family will allow the dictates of the public school system to remove prayer from their homes. Never gonna happen! Nay, prayer left the homes first.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe prayer has any great power but I do believe that it causes people to spend time with their loved ones in some fashion or another and that is what strengthens the family and brings values to their lives.

You're absolutely right to say that prayer must come back into the home. Or, as I see it, the home must once again become the haven it once was. Sadly, when you have both parents pursuing material gratification instead of supporting their loved ones and children first and foremost, there is little opportunity for the children to do well.

This is the kind of thing which makes my faith in humanity waiver.

--Wag--

. . . just as prayer was removed from the school system. Once prayer was removed it was only a matter of time and things went to crap.

<snip>

Prayer left the homes before it left the schools. You'll never convince me that a god-fearing family will allow the dictates of the public school system to remove prayer from their homes. Never gonna happen! Nay, prayer left the homes first.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe prayer has any great power but I do believe that it causes people to spend time with their loved ones in some fashion or another and that is what strengthens the family and brings values to their lives.

You're absolutely right to say that prayer must come back into the home. Or, as I see it, the home must once again become the haven it once was. Sadly, when you have both parents pursuing material gratification instead of supporting their loved ones and children first and foremost, there is little opportunity for the children to do well.

--Wag--
I love you man
biggrin.gif

<snip>

Prayer left the homes before it left the schools.  You'll never convince me that a god-fearing family will allow the dictates of the public school system to remove prayer from their homes.  Never gonna happen!  Nay, prayer left the homes first.

You're absolutely right to say that prayer must come back into the home.  Or, as I see it, the home must once again become the haven it once was.  Sadly, when you have both parents pursuing material gratification instead of supporting their loved ones and children first and foremost, there is little opportunity for the children to do well.

--Wag--
Sometimes you say some very profound things. Impressive.

Huh...well, I thought I'd stop in this thread for a minute to see how you guys were doing in sorting out the issue at hand.

Evidently, not well.

laugh.gif

Oh, and Thrasher...I see your 'bite me' and raise you an
eatme.gif

zzwhip.gif

Everyone will KNOW the truth about God someday. Us Christian get alot of grieve for our believes. You try to share salvation with people cause you hate to see ANYONE go to hell and get doors slammed in your face, called "Jesus freak", noses snubbed up in your face and all your trying to do is keep THEM from eternity in Hell. Yes I'm a Christian and spend my life paying for mistakes by hypicrite Christians.

I respect everyones view whether they are right or wrong. Will love my friends whether they're saved or not, but I will always pray for their salvation.

Imagine if someone you knew was getting on a plane that you KNEW was gonna blow-up. Do you try and talk them out of taking that flight, of coarse. What if they don't believe you? I have to tell my friends about Jesus even if it means they won't like me anymore, which has stopped me TOO MANY times. I'm a chicken. I wish I didn't care what people thought of me.

What was this thread about again
rock.gif
The very reason I left organized religion in my rear view mirror long, long ago...  
thumb_down.gif

Believe and be 'saved' , or you're going to 'Hell'.... Whatever  
thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

I've stayed out of this thread so far but have read all the comments several times. It's sad to see that so many people have turned their back on religion and God. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs. As for me I will stand fast to my belief that Jesus Christ was the son of God and he gave his life upon the cross so that we might be forgiven of our sins.

Rewind .... You're a devout Catholic. You walk into the barracks and your CO and the rest of your devout Muslim buddies have been waiting for you to pray with them to Allah. Rewind again .... This time, you walk into the barracks and your CO and the rest of your devout Hindu buddies are waiting for you to pray with them to Vishnu. Rewind once more .... This time, you walk into the barracks and your CO and the rest of your devout Buddhist buddies are waiting for you to reach Enlightenment.

I'm a Catholic. But, in my opinion, the reason to keep government and religion separated is to respect everyone's religious freedom ... by keeping it neutral. Doesn't mean you can't pass the Word of God on your own time.

Just my $0.02.

I'm going to go put my new ASV levers on my Gen1 beauty in the garage. When I get back I'll stop in again to see if you've got it all 'sorted'.

OK, you guys play nice while I'm outside.

Back