Controversial billboards

I won't stop atheists from paying for bill boards to force their life on any idiot that is seeking a self indulgent truth.... just don't say dumb stuff on it like "Becoming athiest and you can date hot women". I'm just saying their ad campaign is misrepresenting

I agree whole-heartedly with this...

most athiest chix I've met do NOT look like that girl in the ad-

I mean, GOOD LORD she makes the GOD she supposedly dont believe in look hella big!::11

but, its prolly just part of her marketing ploy:banghead: tissue-paper can be just as misleading as any 'ancient text of the old book of somebody who knew it all":moon:

:rofl:

you sed "stupider":lol:

thats even funnier than the subject of this thread!:rofl:

oh come on. isn't saying "More stupid" even stupider than just saying stupider? Funner should be a word too. I can't help it if morons wrote the english language :laugh:

has internet pron destroyed anyone's marriage or relationship? ...yeah....

Isn't blaiming p0rn for destroying relationships like blaiming guns for murder?
Posted via Mobile Device

Isn't blaiming p0rn for destroying relationships like blaiming guns for murder?
Posted via Mobile Device

clicking on pron is a much less destructive than murder... way easier for people to fall into, easier to justify. should be easier to manage too, shouldn't it?

atheists believe you can't enjoy life believing in god? Nothing against their personal amount of knowledge but that makes them look stupid as a group. Their lack of knowledge of the source material is apparent and embarrassing. but, they are getting the free press which, I am sure was the ORIGINAL intention anyway :)

Rest assured, I enjoy life a lot more now than when god was running it.

--Wag--

clicking on pron is a much less destructive than murder... way easier for people to fall into, easier to justify. should be easier to manage too, shouldn't it?

I guess but you still can't blame the **** any more then the gun. No more than you can blame the pen for the words written on the paper.
Posted via Mobile Device

are you guys even paying attention? Have you SEEN what happens when people TRY to think on their own and devise right and wrong? not working well. not working well at all

Oh, dang. Talk about opening up a can of worms!

Religion claims to make people's lives better but one glaring example to the contrary is the Catholic priests who molested the kids. I'm not talking about the priests being uninfluenced by their, "faith." I'm talking about the kids and their families who expected to find peace in god's house and found terror instead.

Other instances, of course, abound.

--Wag--

They both offer the freedom of "do whatever you want"....

I've never seen an atheist creed anywhere which says this. Most atheists believe their own individual way without any real collective thought. Yeah, ideas are shared and some held in common but no detailed right or wrong way to be an atheist.

but think about it.....in the big picture we are not much dif. than our kids. We give our kids structure, rules, and morals that we want them to live by. That is all God is doing too. We would not tell our kids "do whatever you want, it's okay"

If you are honest with yourself your heart will tell you it's not okay to lie, murder, steal, cheat, bear false witness on your neighbor, idlize, OR the biggest lure of satanist --screw anyone you want whether you or they are married or not.

Even as adults, we have to have :rulez:
Which most atheists would agree with wholeheartedly.

--Wag--

I guess but you still can't blame the **** any more then the gun. No more than you can blame the pen for the words written on the paper.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a tool for sin, just like a gun is merely a tool for murder

actually, it doesn't, but that is a VERY DEEP discussion and not appropriate for this forum.

Your statement that it's not appropriate for this forum is an attempt to shut off discussion about it because you don't want to talk further about it. I don't see why it can't be discussed with some tact and decency.

Fact is, **** can and does enhance the marriages of many people.

**** doesn't destroy relationships, though it is often blamed for it. Immature jealousy is usually the root cause of a relationship's problems which is, in turn, blamed on ****.

--Wag--

that discussion would be on a purely sexual level and has no place here. and usually involves emotional sides that people are unwilling to admit to themselves

Actually, it's pretty much on the mark.

Oh, wait. I think I'm repeating myself.

--Wag--

I'm walking living proof that what they say is incorrect. THAT is the part that bothers me, not what they say about God. They nullify ME

If they said, "People using the name WAG, do not really exist" wouldn't that bug you?

Last edited:
One of the more abhorrent flaws of any religion is the fact that they have an, "I'm better than you," attitude about other people.

The thought, of course, is that, "God will save me because I'm doing what he wants but you're screwed."

Or, "I'm saved, but you're not."

This is the one that gives me heartburn. I know people think they are expressing concern and care when they say they would like to teach me about Jesus. But if they truly cared about me, they'd stop bugging me about it once I've told them I'm not interested. What they have to share is not better than what I've got. Really. Now, having said that, if someone has something new to offer, I'll discuss it openly, but so far, I haven't heard anything new lately because the Bible hasn't changed at all.

On occasion, I've engaged in discussions and most of the religious adherents to whom I've spoken are so closed-minded, they can't even have a rational conversation about it. They are frequently unfamiliar with the basic use of logic or even if they are, they abandon the use of entirely in order to hold to their religious belief.

Very unfortunate.

That said, I've had some very GOOD discussions with open-minded Christians and other believers so no, I don't think all believers are nut jobs.

Atheists are very frequently assumed to be "evil" by those who are adherents to religious belief. This is patently untrue. Atheists mow their lawns, pay their taxes, help their neighbors, believe in being honest in their dealings with others, believe in the value of hard work and in the joys of life, love, happiness, patriotism and all of the other very wonderful things this life has to offer. Atheists despise thieves, murderers, rapists, child-molesters and CNN. Not much different than believers.

Of course, as with every group, there are atheists who are the antithesis to that mantra but assuredly, there are just as many believers who don't follow their professed faith, either.

What religious believers fail to realize is that they have more differences with other religious beliefs than they do with Atheists.

--Wag--

"The reason we know god is a man-made creation is because he hates the same people we do." --Chloe Jackson.

that discussion would be on a purely sexual level and has no place here. and usually involves emotional sides that people are unwilling to admit to themselves

Hardly. It's just a quick question: Has **** enhanced your marital relationship? Circle one: Yes No

Some people will answer yes. Some will answer no. Either are honest, correct answers. What's so difficult about that?

--Wag--

go wag....very well said
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm walking living proof that what they say is incorrect. THAT is the part that bothers me, not what they say about God. They nullify ME

If they said, "People using the name WAG, do not really exist" wouldn't that bug you?

Not even remotely the same thing, for one. For another, there is no such thing as a globally correct statement that applies in all situations except in math and some sciences and even that is up for debate with the advent of quantum physics. And no, it wouldn't bug me to hear someone say I don't exist.

I digress.

You want proof? I'm proof that what the billboard says is true, at least as much as you are proof that it is false. So. . . where do we go from here? My personal, hands on experience is telling me the exact opposite of what you're telling me your experiences show you. Your life was enhanced by religion. Mine was nearly destroyed by it. Getting religion out of my life enhanced it in every way.

I've said this on these boards many times and you've read it every time. Do you simply not believe me? Do you think I'm lying? What possible motivation could I have for just making this up? I have no vested interest in just aggravating you!

Be honest with me. Does it bother you that I'm happy and having a great life without the same religion you have?

Anyone may answer that last.

--Wag--

Back