Controversial billboards

I would be willing to concede that a good part of the population needs reward/punishment to act "right". I will go further that religion has been an efficient way to push the message. However, religion is not the only way that this can be accomplished. The trouble is that religions program people with a lot of fluff and fantasy in order to keep them as captive paying customers.

Oh I agree that it is not the only way but it is an easy way.

Yes, wonderful things like internet p0rn are made available to the masses without guilt, contempt or hell and brimfire.
:whistle:

has internet pron destroyed anyone's marriage or relationship? ...yeah....

Oh, you mean like trying to ensure everyone has the same rights to live their lives peacefully and not forcing them to conform to the majority's notion of "normal"?

I won't stop atheists from paying for bill boards to force their life on any idiot that is seeking a self indulgent truth.... just don't say dumb stuff on it like "Becoming athiest and you can date hot women". I'm just saying their ad campaign is misrepresenting

... nothing to go wrong if there is no god... this could be fun.. I suppose that "right and wrong" also are just a matter of personal preference? or who establishes what we are supposed to think there?

That would be by your standard... just as cannibalism was perfectly normal for many tribes until they were "re-educated" by the outside world.. your chaos may be nothing to someone else.. Just like "crime and injustice" is only in YOUR opinion... What I do may not be unjust or a crime in my eyes... who sets the standards?

I think organized religion is for sheep myself... worse things that have ever happened to me were by the "righteous few" I have my own barometer of what is right and wrong.. not sure who put it in there but be glad it was not say some renegade skin heads when i was little..

Could you not say the same thing about the major religions today? The only reason they are the predominate religions is due to the military forces pushing those religions being stronger than the conquered ones.

I would be willing to concede that a good part of the population needs reward/punishment to act "right".

perhaps this is the way emotion humans will always be wired. maybe there is nothing we can do about it.

or

maybe SCIENCE can dumb us down even more with MORE drugs and DNA altering hormone injections, and eventually people WILL be numb and emotionless, and no longer need a God to guid them... or even a reason to live.

take away from man the things that man is and what have you got?

the perfect society? HIEL!

That would be by your standard... just as cannibalism was perfectly normal for many tribes until they were "re-educated" by the outside world..

The re-education was done on the basis of greed by empirical powers looking to plunder resources like precious metals such as gold and silver among other valuable items. The religious teachings were morphed and exploited in order to convince the subjects that their land's riches were better off being shipped to the kingdoms far away.

your chaos may be nothing to someone else.. Just like "crime and injustice" is only in YOUR opinion... What I do may not be unjust or a crime in my eyes... who sets the standards?

I think organized religion is for sheep myself... worse things that have ever happened to me were by the "righteous few" I have my own barometer of what is right and wrong.. not sure who put it in there but be glad it was not say some renegade skin heads when i was little..

No argument there.

perhaps this is the way emotion humans will always be wired. maybe there is nothing we can do about it.

or

maybe SCIENCE can dumb us down even more with MORE drugs and DNA altering hormone injections, and eventually people WILL be numb and emotionless, and no longer need a God to guid them... or even a reason to live.

Or maybe over time humans will evolve to the point that they can guide themselves...or even value life for the sake of living and not because of the promise of something after they die. Just a thought.

Or maybe over time humans will evolve to the point that they can guide themselves...or even value life for the sake of living and not because of the promise of something after they die. Just a thought.
Just think about who we have running the country :rofl: we got a LONG ways to go...

or

Just think about who we have running the country :rofl: we got a LONG ways to go...

Perhaps, but based on critical issues being social issues I think we are headed in the right direction. To me it is a sign that collectively we are becomming more concerned with caring about other people. Which one could say is the essence of most religious teaching anyhow.

Last edited:
well I aint read pages 2 or 3 yet:laugh: but here is my .02

I'll be brief...

1. True Christian belief is that you have to accept Jesus for who he is (son of God, died on cross and rose from the dead) and be sorry for your sins in order to go to heaven.

2. How you live your life does not change your eternal destiny whether it's spend good or bad.

3. ALL "Christians" are happier than any Athiest or Satanist IF they live their life loving God.

Final thought.... After studying the Satanic bible I can see many similar thought processes between Athiests and Satanist. They both offer the freedom of "do whatever you want"....but think about it.....in the big picture we are not much dif. than our kids. We give our kids structure, rules, and morals that we want them to live by. That is all God is doing too. We would not tell our kids "do whatever you want, it's okay"

If you are honest with yourself your heart will tell you it's not okay to lie, murder, steal, cheat, bear false witness on your neighbor, idlize, OR the biggest lure of satanist --screw anyone you want whether you or they are married or not.

Even as adults, we have to have :rulez:

:)

well I aint read pages 2 or 3 yet:laugh: but here is my .02

I'll be brief...

1. True Christian belief is that you have to accept Jesus for who he is (son of God, died on cross and rose from the dead) and be sorry for your sins in order to go to heaven.

2. How you live your life does not change your eternal destiny whether it's spend good or bad.

3. ALL "Christians" are happier than any Athiest or Satanist IF they live their life loving God.

Final thought.... After studying the Satanic bible I can see many similar thought processes between Athiests and Satanist. They both offer the freedom of "do whatever you want"....but think about it.....in the big picture we are not much dif. than our kids. We give our kids structure, rules, and morals that we want them to live by. That is all God is doing too. We would not tell our kids "do whatever you want, it's okay"

If you are honest with yourself your heart will tell you it's not okay to lie, murder, steal, cheat, bear false witness on your neighbor, idlize, OR the biggest lure of satanist --screw anyone you want whether you or they are married or not.

Even as adults, we have to have :rulez:

:)

Factoring out either party being married why would the biggest lure of satan be sex and if so why?

all I see is DE-Evolving. and I TRY to see the good in things. :)

Hmmm....how would it be a step backwards (de-evolution) to live life in a respectful way because it is the right thing to do and not as a means to an end?

Jus because this doesn't match you beliefs, doesn't mean it's stupid or ignorant. This statement epitomizes the reason these billboards are up - people with strong religious convictions don't seem to be able to respect those who don't have the same convictions. This is my opinion and does not apply to all those with strong religious convictions.

It's true there are Christians out there that give the rest of us a bad name. Some of them may have good motives but portray them in a destructive manor.

They way it SHOULD be is we "love the sinner but hate the sin" mentality. I like alot of people that don't believe in God or Jesus and to be blunt with you, it worries me. Why? Because I care for them all and, atleast from my "belief", their enternity is scary. I share my belief with them because I care. :)

Perhaps, but based on critical issues being social issues I think we are headed in the right direction. To me it is a sign that collectively we are becomming more concerned with caring about other people. Which one could say is the essence of most religious teaching anyhow.
you are kidding right? collectively more caring? I think it is most opposite from everything I see... I have never seen more "every man for himself" at any time in my years...

Liberal warm fuzzies might be on the rise but helping ones neighbor? naw... most people do not even know who lives next door...

Hmmm....how would it be a step backwards (de-evolution) to live life in a respectful way because it is the right thing to do and not as a means to an end?

no, no.... I >>SEE<< de-evolving. Now. Currently. Don't you? And it is a surprising parallel to the reduction of "morals" be they religious based or other. How can that de-evolution get reversed? People learning how to make up thier own reality seem to be much of the problem. How will that suddenly reverse or get better in the future? Maybe drugs that I mentioned earlier?

you are kidding right? collectively more caring? I think it is most opposite from everything I see... I have never seen more "every man for himself" at any time in my years...

Liberal warm fuzzies might be on the rise but helping ones neighbor? naw... most people do not even know who lives next door...

I think that the crisis we are in will force us to take care of each other in the short term and perhaps longer term solutions will develop in the future.

Just look to the .org and you will see wonderful examples of people careing about each other...

If you don't know your neighbor the only one you can blame is yourself.

no, no.... I >>SEE<< de-evolving. Now. Currently. Don't you? And it is a surprising parallel to the reduction of "morals" be they religious based or other. How can that de-evolution get reversed? People learning how to make up thier own reality seem to be much of the problem. How will that suddenly reverse or get better in the future? Maybe drugs that I mentioned earlier?

A reduction in morals? I think I understad what you are trying to say but that is a very general statement that spans all kinds of behavior.

Before you do that, what morals are not religious based?

How is waking up to their own reality be a problem?

Factoring out either party being married why would the biggest lure of satan be sex and if so why?

It's one of human natures need. (food, sleep, and sex) Yep it was built into us. However it is to be between husband and wife. Satan knows this and knows it's a big weakness especially for men. If you think about it IF you knew your enemies weeknesses wouldn't you exploit them?

We ea. have our own weeknesses and he KNOWS what they are. He will exploit them at all cost to get us to sin.

Satan's NO.1 goal is to keep people from God.

Back