Ugh I am so pissed!!

I hear you. I was ordering parts for my Ford 300 straight six over the last two months. Some times those tracking systems cause a great deal of stress. You see it is soooo close you can almost taste it. But it is just out of reach.

I hear you. I was ordering parts for my Ford 300 straight six over the last two months. Some times those tracking systems cause a great deal of stress. You see it is soooo close you can almost taste it. But it is just out of reach.

Very true! I wouldnt have been this mad if I wouldnt have found out the day I was expecting it that it hadn't even left yet. grrrrr

Suppose to rain or snow just north of you Thursday. I plan on trying to get a good ride in today when I get off. You think this is bad now, I can remember after buying my '06 I use to walk to the garage door and look out at my baby all the time, just to look at it. You've got a lot to look forward to friend :laugh:

Suppose to rain or snow just north of you Thursday. I plan on trying to get a good ride in today when I get off. You think this is bad now, I can remember after buying my '06 I use to walk to the garage door and look out at my baby all the time, just to look at it. You've got a lot to look forward to friend :laugh:

No doubt! Yea it is raining all day here on Thur :( so I am planning on loading it into the back of the Avalanche and driving it to the dmv to get registered. Someone was telling me that A) they have to check the vin and B) if you ride it up there with no tag they wont register it for you. Kinda sucks :(

No doubt! Yea it is raining all day here on Thur :( so I am planning on loading it into the back of the Avalanche and driving it to the dmv to get registered. Someone was telling me that A) they have to check the vin and B) if you ride it up there with no tag they wont register it for you. Kinda sucks :(

in the back of a avalanche, damn that is goin to be a snug fit, be careful and have somebody help you, try and get the back end of that truck as low as you can to reduce the angle of the ramp, i brought mine home in the back of my buddies mazda b3000, (ford ranger) and it sits lower than that avalanche, and has a longer bed, and my tire was right at the edge of the tailgate, and i still needed help getting it up into the truck and out, just be careful, ( i used 4 straps to hold mine down:thumbsup::thumbsup:

in the back of a avalanche, damn that is goin to be a snug fit, be careful and have somebody help you, try and get the back end of that truck as low as you can to reduce the angle of the ramp, i brought mine home in the back of my buddies mazda b3000, (ford ranger) and it sits lower than that avalanche, and has a longer bed, and my tire was right at the edge of the tailgate, and i still needed help getting it up into the truck and out, just be careful, ( i used 4 straps to hold mine down:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yea no doubt! I am going to use four straps and if I need to I can fold the midgate down to give me a full size 8 ft bed.
07AvalancheBed.jpg

I am thinking this should allow plenty of room for the big girl :D

I am thinking this should allow plenty of room for the big girl :D[/QUOTE]

It should...but you will still need some help getting her on and off.

Yea no doubt! I am going to use four straps and if I need to I can fold the midgate down to give me a full size 8 ft bed.
07AvalancheBed.jpg

I am thinking this should allow plenty of room for the big girl :D

and hope that it aint raining that day, you need to pull a measurement from the bottom of your bed to the lowest point on that cab, to see if your bike will even fit under there, so that you could use the full length

i just measure the bike for you, from the ground to the top of the windscreen with the bike on the kickstand is roughly 44in, now standing straight up on both wheels you may gain a 1/2 or so, and depending on the windscreen it could be more or less, my bike also has lowering links in rear, so its sitting level, pull a measurement on your avalanche and make sure, just want to keep you from getting into a bind, so that when she gets there your ready and can take and get her tagged and on the road, cuz thats what we got them for :thumbsup::thumbsup:

and hope that it aint raining that day, you need to pull a measurement from the bottom of your bed to the lowest point on that cab, to see if your bike will even fit under there, so that you could use the full length

It is definitely going to be raining :(
I think I should be fine.
1hxh02.jpg

worse case scenario I will have to drop the tailgate

i just measure the bike for you, from the ground to the top of the windscreen with the bike on the kickstand is roughly 44in, now standing straight up on both wheels you may gain a 1/2 or so, and depending on the windscreen it could be more or less, my bike also has lowering links in rear, so its sitting level, pull a measurement on your avalanche and make sure, just want to keep you from getting into a bind, so that when she gets there your ready and can take and get her tagged and on the road, cuz thats what we got them for :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I appreciate it man :) The opening is 53 1/2 x 21 1/2 inches

im just trying to picture all this, if you say your good then i believe you, i just know the busa is a lot longer than the bike in that other picture, i couldnt close the tailgate on my buddies truck even with trying to turn the bike sideways, cuz of the exhaust, when you get it in there post up some pics so i can see, im intrigued by this, corner to corner the bike was still to long

For $35 you can rent a U-Haul trailer and forget about it...just sayin :whistle:

im just trying to picture all this, if you say your good then i believe you, i just know the busa is a lot longer than the bike in that other picture, i couldnt the tail gate to close on my buddies truck even with trying to turn the bike sideways, cuz of the exhaust, when you get it in there post up some pics so i can see, im intrigued by this

yea the 21 is top to bottom, so the front wheel of the busa will be "inside" the truck and the windscreen back will be in the bed. With the tailgate down I should have plenty of room. I definitely couldnt fit two of them lol but I think one will fit fine. :beerchug:

Back