I AM SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
OK guys/gals, I am going to try to explain this without cursing and punching the monitor.  Lately, I have been more of a pain with a lot of questions and problems that I am having.  A couple weeks ago, I couldn't even get the bike started.  Well, I solved that problem, and now I have a problem that will make some scratch their heads, and then some will probably be just as pissed off as I am.  But then there is that small percentage that will laugh and think that I've been  
all_coholic.gif
.  OK here goes...

Last year when we had the group buy with Blueguages, I only wanted blue LED's placed in my guages for the clock and odometer, while getting red LED's set up for the needles.  Now I did put the guages back on and lit them up to see what they looked like.  They are awesome... NO DOUBT!!  But I've never had them on while the bike was running.  Well today I put in a new battery and fired the bike up and GUESS WHAT??  THE GUAGE IS NOW WIRED BACKWARDS!!  The tach and speedo are opposite.  After the whole year-long project, something like this happens.  It almost makes me want to sell my bike sometime.  I do exercise a fair amount of patience, but this is just simply ridiculous.  Imagine the look on my face when I saw that.  Should I return to Scott at Blueguages, or is it something I can fix?
rock.gif
 I really would like you guys suggestions.  I am very angry right now, and I realize mistakes happen, but why me?

Brian...

I guess I'm slow and need a little help. Are you saying the faceplates were installed on the wrong gauges? By a vendor? I would send them back for sure if that was the problem. I just don't know if it's a simple fix. You certainly don't need the grief.............
crazy.gif

Or are you saying that the speed reads on the tach and the RPMs read on the speedo? I don't think Scott does anything in the cluster other than replacing the LEDs. Did you do any wiring on the bike where you could have crossed the wires? If not, contact Scott at Blue Gauges. He will make it right.

(BusaWhipped @ Mar. 29 2007,23:47) Or are you saying that the speed reads on the tach and the RPMs read on the speedo?  I don't think Scott does anything in the cluster other than replacing the LEDs.  Did you do any wiring on the bike where you could have crossed the wires?  If not, contact Scott at Blue Gauges.  He will make it right.
This is exactly what happened.

OK I must apologize. Actually my girlfriend made the suggestion, and now I realize the error of my ways. I am quick to offer any wrongdoings on my part if it applies. And in this case, it is somewhat applicable. Evidently, when Scott opened up my guage cluster to add the LEDs, he must have switched the tach and speedo plates around. The tach is supposed to be on the left and the speedo on the right.... RIGHT??? Either way, it's an easy fix and I owe it to my sweetheart. Sometimes she surprises me with her patience and comes up with a solution before I do. She is great!! No more alarm guys, so I guess you can start laughing and calling me names...
biggrin.gif
And to those who thought I was
all_coholic.gif
.... then
tounge.gif

Thats cool, i want to use these guys in the future..
beerchug.gif
Gotta love easy fixes.
super.gif
Way to go girl friend..
bowdown.gif

Officer "Son, you now how fast you was goin?"

you "about 6,500 is what it showed.. "

officer "uhhhh"

You guys are great...
biggrin.gif
I knew it would happen once I put myself out there and then the remedy was simple...
crazy.gif
Just call me "whippin' boy..."
blush.gif
zzwhip.gif

i'm glad it's all working out for you
beerchug.gif

but we need pics

(bacharles @ Mar. 30 2007,03:59) You guys are great...
biggrin.gif
 I knew it would happen once I put myself out there and then the remedy was simple...  
crazy.gif
  Just call me "whippin' boy..."  
blush.gif

zzwhip.gif
You asked for it! Hey, whippin' boy, get that gauge cluster fixed yet?

OK, when I go out do the fix, I WILL take pix of the entire ordeal. I know I won't be able to live this one down until I do...
biggrin.gif
I'm working the night shift right now, and I will pull the guages tomorrow. Man, you guys/gals are a tough audience...

Back