So Pissed with this warranty crap...

micronp450

Registered
I am the third owner of my bike and when I bought it from the second owner I got the certificate that says their is an extended warranty until the 4th month of 2006. Well, I went in to get some warranty work done and the guy calls me abck and says my bike doesn't have a warranty on it. So I try to find the certificate and its gone. I don't knwo what the hell I did with it. I looked all over I am soo pisssed. THey checked it with ym VIN number and it comes up negative. Is their anything I can do?
rock.gif
?

BTW-Getting in touch with second owner is not an option he's a big dic*

Thanks

If you have the second owners info along with your VIN# handy you MAY be able to contact the Suzuki warranty peeps and get them to do a search for ya. Its a LOOOOOOONG shot but a shot nonetheless.
sad.gif

I never got a certificate after buying the extended warranty.
rock.gif
Many others here have said the same when I asked back in April. The dealer claims it's just "in their system". I had ordered it over the phone and after a few months I called and demanded they send me a copy of the order form which they sent. Nice part is, it has my signature forged on it. If they ever refuse to cover anything it'll be time to go to court over that warranty I never ordered and they unjustly charged to my credit card.
laugh.gif

Find out who the original dealer was as they should have a record of it. How big a **** was the previous owner? I wouldn't put it past some people to write up a bogus certificate on their home computer.

if it did have one YOU not the dealership or owner has to pay a fee to change it into your name. and you have 15-30 days depending on the Co.

The extended warranty may not be through Suzuki. It might be through an outside company. I would get in touch with the person you bought the bike from and go from there.

Extended warranties are a scam at best! The dealer will make more money off the extended warranty than he does on the bike sale usually. Most extended warranties only cover the drive train? If your bike is going to have a problem, it's generally going to show up soon after it's put into service. The manufacturer pays for anything the first 12 months. It's rare you will have any drive train problem during the second 12 months when your extended warranty steps in. You purchase an extended warranty when you purchase your bike. If it's stolen or wrecked etc. you don't get your money back. Extended warranties are a huge money maker. I have owned many new bikes and never have I had the need for an extended warranty? Just my two cents worth.

suzuki extended warranties are transferrable, I purchased the extended warranty and got the certificate for it. For $700, I get a piece of mind that i have 4 yrs/unlimited mileage. I'll take it.

Just purchased the extended warranty for my 2005 Busa for 4 years at a GREAT price. If anyone needs one before their factory warranty runs out, contact A&B Extreme Suzuki at 866-848-0355. Ask for JJ. Tell him Ken referred you....

At the rate I'm going, 4 years is going to equal 144,000 miles I supose the extended unlimited mile warranty would be worth it. Probably going to save me the price of a new motor.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|MoFoTShirts
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132261618 -->

At the rate I'm going, 4 years is going to equal 144,000 miles I supose the extended unlimited mile warranty would be worth it.  Probably going to save me the price of a new motor.
tounge.gif
It has saved a number of board members the price of a new motor.
I haggled with my dealer before the first year was up and got them down to $500 even. Even if it was only limited to the drive train (which it ISN'T) it's still cheap insurance. Have something as minor as an instrument cluster fail and the warranty has paid for itself on the part alone.

Back