suzuki warranty

johnstein

Donating Member
Registered
so today i got the good will offer on my 05 hayabusa limited with the 2nd gear popping , so anyway they offer me 400 dollars toward the repair "suzuki way " oem only ,my bike had this problem at one month i was told to keep drivin it so locked up in the dealer for 3 weeks in pieces and thier final offer is four hundred bucks on a 2200 dollar repair ! wtf this just isnt right , so looks like my trans will be off to florida to be undercutfor 1500 i am calling the extended warranty guys tom to let them know i want my money back ! 700 dollars for an extended warranty that covers what ? i heard today that the hayabusa has cronic second gear problems , some one should file a class action lawsuit against these bastids ! thier warranty is usless not what i expected from suzuki at all ! so if i jump in on any warranty posts and trash suzuki i hope everyone will know where i am coming from ?
guns.gif
SUZUKI

That just isn't right. Eventhough it would cost a little bit of money, I would get a lawyer.

If that doesn't work or it just isn't cost effective I would still have revenge on the dealer. Park the bike right out in front of the dealers entrance on public property.

Big sign on the bike stating "TRANSMISSION FAILURE ON 2 MONTH OLD BIKE. DEALER REFUSES TO COVER UNDER WARRANTY. ASK ME FOR DETAILS".

Few days of that during your spare time and you've done major damage to their reputation and cost them a helluva lot more in business than it would have cost to repair the POS transmission.

Just make sure you're not on their property and only speak the truth.

cronic second gear probs? First I heard of it...
there are alot of bikes and yes also hayabusa s with problems in the transmision , gear dogs rounded , bent forks , scuffed forks , just doesnt seem right that i paid 13000 dollars for this bike , and thier going to throw me 400 dollars on a 2200 dollar repair ? i have seen quite a few posts in the past month about these problems? i just think my transmision should ve had more ! and that suzuki should back up thier product ? maybe it s time for me to stop bitchin ? im just realy pissed off!

I had a problem with suzuki extended warranty a few months ago. They are terrible.

Damn..that is unbelievable. Actually its almost sickening..makes me want to sell my Busa and buy a Honda.

Are you sure you have exercised all of your options? Have you talked with anyone higher up @ Suzuki?

And your dealer...shame on them for not trying harder to get something resolved. That is a crock of ####,
I would fvcking snap if my dealer did not fix it for free...especially if I knew I did not abuse the bike.

Its definately not a cronic problem though, I have 7K on my bike and beat the crap out of it...2nd gear works fine.

Actually, 2nd gear is doing the same thing for me too. Its from powershifting it 1st to 2nd drag race (happened on my zx-6 too) i rode it untill the gear stripped off and kawi had to cover it becasue there was nothing left to say it was abuse

Thats bullshit. Your dealer sucks.
I work tomorrow. Call me and I will try and get you phone numbers to call. #### that!

tedbiele is right. it's the dealer pulling that crap, not Suzuki. I used my warranty about 3 times. The last time my warranty was actually expired for almost 2 months and they still took care of me.

Seriously though.
Call me tomorrow!
-Ted
281-351-0075
I will be in the Shop at around 9 a.m. central standard time. Will get you info for whomever the powers that be are inwhich you need to speak! #### them! Thats BS! Do you have any dealer options?? Maybe another dealer to go to?

my bike was delivered april 21st had the problem for 2 months had it at the dealer where i bought it they did nothing ? tightened the shifter kicked it out the door ! 2 nd dealer i went to said im sure it will be warranty let me tear it down its the only way to know , ok he did warn me it might not be warranty spoke with three suzuki reps at 1-714-572-1490 thier names sheryl , harley , and then the supervisor brad all very curtious but not budging i have emails into suzuki world from the site but no response ? it has taken them 10 days to decide that they were goin to give me 400 dollars and harley tells me to ask the service manager to discount some parts ! wtf ! i only have this one experience with the suzuki warranty but i can imagine with my bike bein so new that if i had the problem 1 block from the dealer on delivery day they would still say i broke it ? my bike is being fixed as i went as far with suzuki as i could ? i will call any numbers you can give me if they dont do any thing i am seriously going to get my money back for the extended warranty ! because what the hell are they goin to cover for me ? i actualy asked them that and thier response was " we will stand behind our product 100% for manufactures defects !" i f i blow my motor tommorow will they cover it or just say its "abuse"

whats not covered ?
sprockets
chain
tires
brakes
rotors
lights
transmision
cush drive
bearings
cables
hydraoulic lines
hoses

what ndo they actualy state that if it breaks they will fix it ?
engine ?
electrical
i mean they have written this warranty that they do not have to cover anything ?
maybe its just me but i feel like i bought this bike from the paper from someone who i never met , and i bought it AS ! IS ! if i new this was how i would be treated i would ve bought the bike on line probably from ted ! and had it shipped , cause i didnt get a dime off this one and got hammered for everything !
director.gif

Damn, well at least you can get your $700 back, plus the $400 credit ...so your out how much?

The good part is at least you are getting it undercut so you wont likely have this issue again.

But I would not blame you if you sold it afterwards....the thing is , what manufacurers really do stand
behind their product for things like this? I think Honda is about the only one who id expect to really stand behind their
product.

cant apply the 400 dollar credit toward the undercut trans , i can only aply it to the 2200 dollar oem fix ? wtf! i am not sellin i love this bike and will ride it for a long time i just think with the knowlage and connections on this board i will be a happier person if i dont have to deal with suzuki warranty , i could ve driven to ohio on the broken bike had trans under cut 1 day whole job in and out ? now three weeks later tons of agrivation i get offered 400 toward 2200 same pos trans i had ? under cut send trans to fla wait for it tocome back 1500 , or give them 800 bucks and load bike on trailer in pieces and take it to ohio ,i am sure if i show up with a bike in pieces , 1 somthing will be missing 2 the price will change
biggrin.gif
i am gettin happier mmy bike is goin to be fixed ! and i will get it back !
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Document all your stuff with the Better Business Bureau. They've helped me and many others...

cronic second gear probs? First I heard of it...
there are alot of bikes and yes also hayabusa s with problems in the transmision , gear dogs rounded , bent forks , scuffed forks  , just doesnt seem right that i paid 13000 dollars for this bike , and thier going to throw me 400 dollars on a 2200 dollar repair ? i have seen quite a few posts in the past month about  these problems?  i just think my transmision should ve had more ! and that suzuki should back up thier product ? maybe it s time for me to stop bitchin ?  im just realy pissed off!
I don't know if posting from another Busa board is frowned upon or not ( I guess we'll see ) but there's some very relevant information here:

So no, John, you're not alone...

Back