Suzuki Extended Protection Plan..

rtvegas

Registered
Just curious to know how many boardmembers enrolled in the Suzuki Extended Protection Plan (SEP)?  I Recently received a letter from Suzuki stating the following..

" The Suzuki product you recently purchased was built to strict standards of quality, and we hope it is living up to your rxpectations. Since your original manufacturer's warranty will soon expire, we would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase the single most valuable option for your Suzuki, the Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP) Plan. Suzuki Extended Protection can give you peace of mind for up to another 5 years, depending on the model.

It is important to act now! If you have not already done so, Suzuki Extended Protection must be purchased before your standard Suzuki warranty expires. After that, the responsibility for covering any repairs will be yours.

The Suzuki Extended Protection plan is designed to the same strict quality standards as the rest of our products, and provides the most comprehensive coverage available for your Suzuki. The enclosed brochure outlines the coverage and benefits available under Suzuki SEP. "

I'm wondering if this is worth it?? Please advise.

Thanks..

I did w/ my 2001 and passed it on to the next buyer.

I'm still good w/ AiRazor.

Yep
tounge.gif
, I got an extended plan on my 06 ! Cheap (compaired to possible repair cost) so why not
wink.gif

paid 600.00 for mine .... BUT... if I do not make use of it during the "extended" portion of the plan.... I get the 600.00 back in store credit after the coverage ends.

beerchug.gif

I bought mine to, for a total of five years coverage, when I bought my '06....like one of the other replies- one major repair can offset the cost of the coverage!!!

Learned that the hard way when my suzuki LT-500 4x4 SUDDENLY began to only idle...wouldn't respond to throttle inputs..took it in to the dealer...it blew the capaciter which in turn blew the computer...which in turn made me blow about 950.00 really quick to get it fixed...but I had NO choice other than to have a 6000.00 four wheeler that would do nothing but idle!!!!!

Taught me a good lesson...

100_3734copy.jpg

I had it on my 2000 and it paid when my starter gear fragged into the last 2 months of the contract. Besides the fact that the stealership tryed making me pay for time they went over on a warranty repair and the SEP not putting their foot down and telling the dealer they could not pull that sh-d.
I would have paid a nice price if I never bought the plan.

I may be the odd guy here, but I never buy extended plans. May be I'm just stupid, but they seem like way too much money. Guess I live on the wild side!!!

I purchased the extended warranty for a total of 5 years on my 2006-LE.
Hope i never need it but s@#t happens.

I have bought exteneded plans in the past on cars, trucks etc.. and one even paid off for me once. They do have their place for different situations. I bought my Busa used (2002) so none came
laugh.gif
with it. However, at my age, guess I don't give a s.... anymore. If the damn thing breaks I'll just go buy another one!
cool.gif

i thought about it,
the only thing is with the pipe,pc3, removing par vaule etc... who knows what else
pretty well destroys the warranty anyway.

did not get it because of the mods. and the big problem you might get. they almost never cover? the trans.
just my take on it.
beerchug.gif

(thepushercg @ Feb. 01 2007,14:19) i thought about it,
the only thing is with the pipe,pc3, removing par vaule etc... who knows what else
pretty well destroys the warranty anyway.
That statement is completely subjective the dealer you are working with.

I specifically asked what mods would affect the warranty...

I was told that most any "off the shelf" bolt on product would not affect anything.

PC3 / Pipe / (even my Yosh cams if I allow the dealer to install) and related items are all "OK".

I transferred mine (four year) from the previous owner of my 05 LE. It definitely raised my comfort level in buying the bike.

I was told the same thing BusaCruise....just depends on a good relationship with the dealer I think...they have the ability to convince the warranty carrier to cover or not sometimes I think...just my opinion...

punis1.jpg

Back