Suzuki Extended Protection Plan..

Got addition 5 year SEP plan also on my 06. I paid around $750.00 for mine, sounds like i got ripped, but still glad I got it
wow.gif

(BusaCruise @ Feb. 01 2007,14:28)
(thepushercg @ Feb. 01 2007,14:19) i thought about it,
the only thing is with the pipe,pc3, removing par vaule etc... who knows what else
pretty well  destroys the warranty anyway.
That statement is completely subjective the dealer you are working with.

I specifically asked what mods would affect the warranty...

I was told that most any "off the shelf" bolt on product would not affect anything.

PC3 / Pipe / (even my Yosh cams if I allow the dealer to install) and related items  are all "OK".
agreed

I did not get one. In fact I never buy any extended plans on anything. I have looked into this sort of thing in the past and they are almost always a total rip off. On new vehicles especially. It's well known that this sort of thing is a money maker for the business and a looser for the consumer. The vast odds are in favor of the business on this. The chance of a consumer using this is rare. Yes it is true that if something does happen then most likely it pays for itself. That said however its just a real long shot that you would actually need to use it. That goes for electronics or anything else that offers an extended plan.. just my opinion though.

I consider it to be insurance, especially with a 10K+ item that only comes with a one year warranty...no matter how good they claim they're made and no matter what their reliability history is. Suzuki's EP is at least as good as their first year warranty and in my case, for less than $400 I now have three extra years, just in case. Seems worthwhile to me. My OE warranty runs out this Sunday the 4th, my first anniversary, and it still feels like I'm on my honeymoon.
laugh.gif

IMG007__Small_.JPG

one other thing to consider is if you do like me and trade or sell your bike in a couple of years then it most likely is not worth it to you. if your going to keep it, then i say yes get it for the peace of mind if nothing else.
truthfully most that have it will never need it. but for the 1 in 10 that does and has a good dealer it would be well worth it.

I took the 4 year/unlimited in 03', will run out this August on time. Never used it once as my 03' busa has never been back for a warranty problem, 13,250 miles. Paid $499. cheap insurance if ya have the $$....

Probably the key point here is that the ESP has no mileage limitations. If you plan on doing a lot of miles, then the value of the ESP goes up dramatically. If you leave your bike in the garage most of the time, what are the odds of a mechanical failure??

I didn't do it when I purchased my 03 and it came back to bite me in the rear. Blew a clutch basket about about 1 year after warranty expiration & it cost me >$1,000 for parts and labor. Get the extended warranty, better to have and never use than need and not have. Then again if you money is long and you can afford a $1300 repair, God forbid the hold the cash and pray for the best.

I got mine with my 03 from the dealer I purchased it from. I didn't know much when I bought the bike so I think I paid a little more than I should have for it ( 550$) but let me tell you it has been worth EVERY penny. I have taken the bike in for one MAJOR issue and a couple little odds and ends. The bike has 25K miles so u know some stuff is gonna require attention if you ride it.....

Everytime I took it in I just walked to the service manager, told him the issues, dropped my key off, and he said he'd call me when it was done. The first time I went to pick it up when he gave me the keys back I asked him do I need to sign anything for you or what? He asked me you have the actual Suzuki warranty right? I said yeah. He said nah just get on out of here. I haven't even sent the paperwork in but Suzuki never hassles me a bit. I will have the money for it tommorow after I send it in.

That right there shows me this warranty is like gold.

(BusaCruise @ Jan. 31 2007,16:32) paid 600.00 for mine .... BUT... if I do not make use of it during the "extended" portion of the plan....  I get the 600.00 back in store credit after the coverage ends.

beerchug.gif
thats a great deal

Bought the addt'l 3 years for mine as well. Peace of mind is nice! And when financing it I barely noticed any change in the payment so it was a no brainer.

I paid $300 for 3 years... sounds like I did pretty well.

Yep $350.00 in the deal at time of adoption
super.gif
If i knew then what i think I know now i probably wouldn't get it! If you abuse it they won't fix it and if you don't abuse it it will never break after the first year! So just for pease of mind i got it anyway. Its a grey area on what is covered it seems
rock.gif
Better be in good favor with the dealer and buy all your mods from em @ twice the price
all_coholic.gif

I purchased mine for piece of mine.

Just cover the time I have a loan.

Hate to have it broke and still paying the bank.

Back