Suzuki's financing?

to all who says get full coverage... thanks for your comments
i would get full coverage if it was $500, $2000 or even $4000 a year... my issue with that is for me the lowest price that i have found is $9000 a year...i could just buy another one for that cost... plus that is more than my two car together... i have no tickets no accidents but i am only 22...  as far as the credit card goes if i was to only pay 99 dollars a month i would be a idiot... i like the idea of only having to pay 99 a month but i actually plan on having the bike paid off in 12 to 15 months the 99 dollars a month just give me room for other things that come up.  i love the idea of full coverage i still have it on my cars even though they are paid off ... once it goes down i plan on getting full coverage but right now it doesnt seem like a good deal.

p.s. the bike will be mostly used on the weekend on the road other than that it will be in my garage... if a theif come in my house to get it and gets away without bullet holes everwhere then they really deserve it...
Well if your paying it off in 12-15 months then its a good deal...even if you pay it off by the time the $99 10% special is over is not a bad deal...just pay $200-$300 a month.

Good luck, perhaps you can claim it on a rental policy or something for theft? Its worth a shot.

You dont have to do the credit crd to finance with no insurance, I did the regular instalment loan at 4.5%, i got insurance after about 2 weeks, but i didnt have to have it to pick it up. I think the credit card deal is idiotic. SOMTHING ALWAYS can come up then you owe your ass for a 6 year old bike.

You dont have to do the credit crd to finance with no insurance, I did the regular instalment loan at 4.5%, i got insurance after about 2 weeks, but i didnt have to have it to pick it up. I think the credit card deal is idiotic. SOMTHING ALWAYS can come up then you owe your ass for a 6 year old bike.
What is more idiotic, riding a Busa around with no insurance or paying too much for it?
wink.gif

to all who says get full coverage... thanks for your comments
i would get full coverage if it was $500, $2000 or even $4000 a year... my issue with that is for me the lowest price that i have found is $9000 a year...i could just buy another one for that cost... plus that is more than my two car together... i have no tickets no accidents but i am only 22...  as far as the credit card goes if i was to only pay 99 dollars a month i would be a idiot... i like the idea of only having to pay 99 a month but i actually plan on having the bike paid off in 12 to 15 months the 99 dollars a month just give me room for other things that come up.  i love the idea of full coverage i still have it on my cars even though they are paid off ... once it goes down i plan on getting full coverage but right now it doesnt seem like a good deal.

p.s. the bike will be mostly used on the weekend on the road other than that it will be in my garage... if a theif come in my house to get it and gets away without bullet holes everwhere then they really deserve it...
Copper,

Loans are just like insurance, YOU NEED TO SHOP AROUND!

I have had a Busa since I was 21 (now 24) and my insurance has only been $265 for 6-months. That's less than $600-A YEAR!

I use USAA but many get the same deals with State Farm. Otherwise, there is another company out there that does JUST BIKES. I have heard several people get real reasonable rates with them but can't rememeber the name.

JUST KEEP LOOKING, $9000 A YEAR IS NOT EVEN CLOSE! You might even have to swap your other vehicle over to them to get the best rate. BUT....if you have a good record like you said, you shouldn't have to. Though some companies usually give you a better rate if you have everything with them.

Josh
blues.gif

Hey copper, the Suzuki CC is only a good option if your going to pay it off in the time period, do not do the lowest payment method, it does not work period. If you put more than 50% down most banks or CU will not require insurance, the risk is you’re paying for something which is wrecked. Shop around for insurance, if your record is bad and your young, just hold off buying the bike tell you can make one large payment, it will be cheaper for you in the long run. The other option is buy a used busa, insurance is less and so will the cost.
Look for these rates 4 years or less 5.9% APR on new, 7.5% or less on used. Anything higher your giving your money away. Another option is if you own your car outright you can do a secure loan, use your car as the collateral and own the busa, it will cost you 10% APR, but you own the busa at least.

It will cost him more for a used bike. The banks ARE NOT as willing to cut a interest brake on a used bike because the value isn't as high if they have to repo it. Always a better deal on a NEW vehicle if you have good credit.

Insurance is the same NEW or USED, they don't care about that ESPECIALLY at HIS AGE! The are looking at what it will cost them if he totals it tomorrow.

The only way USED would be good is if you can PAY CASH for it. Then go with liablility ins. if you have to. PERSONALLY, I WILL NEVER OWN SOMETHING WITHOUT FULL COVERAGE, to many idiots out!
mad.gif

thank you guys soooo much for the info and responses... i will look around for better ins. rates just so i can have that peace of mind of full coverage but $9000/yr. aint gonna happen... do any one know of any good companies that would not require me to transfer my other vehicles? i will also look into the colaterial loan thru my bank with one of my cars... i did not really think about it... as far as getting a diffrent/used bike it is not gonna happen... i have been waiting since feb. my dealer called me with my serial # yesterday and said that the bike should be here as early as this weekend (but you guys know how that goes)... a least with the serial # i can officially set up my ins. once i find something that i feel is semi fair... and thanks again

oyeah i have taken the msf course..

Make sure you tell the Ins. company that when you apply, they give a decent break if you have the MSF course!
wink.gif

You still won't get as good a deal unless you have all your vehicle with them. Just keep looking, you might find something like the motorcycle ins. only company. They are pretty good from what I've heard......(I just can't remember the name).
blush.gif

im 23 and insurance for my 2k1 is #87.xx a month. i was getting charged $113.xx for my 2k2 R6.. go fig. this is with progressive. USAA is for military. they ARE the cheapest, but if u aint militray, ur SOL. State farm was somewhat cheaper, but then want an auto policy with them as well, which they wanted $40 more a month then i was paying now.

side note, my rate is for liability + theft/fire + $3000 in "extras"

$87-month for LIABILITY??
wow.gif

I don't see how you guys pay that, it's HWY robbery!
mad.gif

I think $256 6-months FULL COVERAGE is bad!
blush.gif

What does your record look like? If it's perfect, I feal sorry for you!
sad.gif

FYI, I am financing my '05 LE... Now, before all you "cashers" jump down my throat...it is only because I JUST paid off everything but the house...and quite honestly...I just don't feel like waiting another year for this god damned bike...been waiting around 6 already...so I pay it off in a year or 18 months...big good time deal.
tounge.gif

But, regardless, I have an excellent credit rating...and if you are paying over 6% interest, you are getting screwed.

5.74% for a "60 month" (if you choose to pay that long).

I figure, wtf...I'll pay a couple hundred in interest, if that, to have the bike one year sooner.
wink.gif
I am one of those kind of guys that would carry full insurance anyways, so who good time cares? It's only a couple hundred...big whoop. A season of riding for a couple hundred? I'll take that.
biggrin.gif

Insurance Companies base the rates on a bunch of factors, I disagree with 90% of them but, for somereason the West Coast allways seems to get screwed. I have a great record and still pay $750 a year the busa and both cars I only pay $300 more a year and they are worth 3 times a much. Shop around keep it inside, keep it locked up take a riders class, join a credit club can all help. $9,000 is nuts we need to go throw a brick threw there window.

Back