suzuki warranty

wow i am suprised , i had the same problem (popping out of 2nd gear)on a new yamaha and they denied the claim . after i bitched like crazy and had the dealer call and back me up ,yammie gave me 800 or so towards the job , calling it good will.

i have heard runors that suzuki makes good on their warranty but apperntly they pull the same bs as yamaha

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121958745 -->

Should you have a situation that you believe requires American Suzuki's immediate assistance you may call Customer Service at 714-572-1490. Customer service representatives are available from 8:30AM to 5 PM PST.
or
Put your inquiry in a letter, including copies of all relevant documents (service records, etc.). Include the 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN), your full name, mailing address, and day/evening phone numbers.
Send via U.S. mail to:

American Suzuki MC/ATV Customer Service
P.O. BOX 1100
Brea, CA 92822

Customer service inquiries for Suzuki Motor Vehicles usually involve documents which cannot be handled effectively via e-mail. Therefore, inquires which cannot be answered by the Website FAQ, or your local dealer, should be submitted via U.S. mail.

Please be advised that most customer service inquires can be handled by your local Suzuki dealer, who is familiar with your area and your machine.

We have found that speaking with a trained customer service representative eliminates misunderstandings which are commonly encountered with e-mail communication. We also know that situations can be resolved quickly when all the relevant facts, events and details are discussed in a thorough manner.

It is essential to have your facts organized and available before calling us. This will speed the resolution process. Relevant information would include the following: model, vehicle identification number (VIN), mileage, date of purchase, selling and servicing dealer, names of dealer staff you have approached already plus a summary of your needs and expectations.

Please be advised that e-mail sent from this site goes only to the Webmaster, who is not located on the premises of American Suzuki. Because most customer service inquiries require documentation. E-mail will only delay a timely response to your request.

cronic second gear probs? First I heard of it...
there are alot of bikes and yes also hayabusa s with problems in the transmision , gear dogs rounded , bent forks , scuffed forks , just doesnt seem right that i paid 13000 dollars for this bike , and thier going to throw me 400 dollars on a 2200 dollar repair ?
Yikes!!! $13,000 for a Busa?

That's a crime in itself. If you pay more then $11k OTD, you're getting bent over.

Can you elaborate more on when/how it is popping out of gear?

if you put the bike into 2nd gear, got to about 4k rpm then roll it WOT about 7-8k it will feel like it jumps or spins a wheel or chain slips, either way it will make a scary noticable wtf kinda feeling.
wink.gif

11099.00 busa
630 .00ext warranty
5.00 wtmf ?
1026.00 taxes
85.00 registration fee
6.00 inspection fee
75.00 document fee
grand total 12926.24 out the door price
wow.gif

The rule of thumb is to pay no more then MSRP OTD for a bike, not including the Extended Warrenty which is something you can wait to buy just before the one year warrenty runs out.

I paid $11,200 OTD for my '03 Busa after my local dealer tried to charge me $12,800, but a another rider bought an '03 two weeks later for $10k OTD at another dealer in town.

I've never ran my bike like that in 2nd gear, I'll have to try that.

<!--EDIT|Sane_man
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122169256 -->

i found great deals everywhere but thought payin more at a dealer that i could establish a relationship with would be a good idea ? but i figured it out now ! buy from the cheapest spot possible and handle all repairs yourself ! cause suzuki doesnt back uup thier product !

if you put the bike into 2nd gear, got to about 4k rpm then roll it WOT about 7-8k it will feel like it jumps or spins a wheel or chain slips, either way it will make a scary noticable wtf kinda feeling.
wink.gif
You mean this?
I will PM JC and have him watch the video and get his read but I believe it is clutch slip. It has only happened to me a couple of times but just happened to catch it on video while at the track. It is pretty much how you describe it and you can feel the bike lurch although you can't see that on the video. HHMMMM...interesting.
rock.gif

in that video it looks and sound like the bike dropped from 2nd into first almost like a not posititve shift.
myself being a now X- dealership employee for Suzuki and dealing with warranty. I have to say that US Suzuki is treating you very fairly, and before you scream you have to understand the process.
your bike has a problem US Suzuki (let's just call them the Factory) has no idea at this point other than you bought a new bike.
Your Dealer knows about the problem and advises you on a course of action. Dealers mistake was they never called Factory. Now you have failure and NOW the Dealer call the Factory. As per your Warranty (which if you never read one you should) the factory only covers defects in workmanship and materials caused by Suzuki motor Corp.
This is a very important statement!
This mean like the people who have lost clutch levers, this is not warranty because it was not cause by the Factory, it was caused by the dealer they installed it not the factory.
So back to the tranny, Suzukis have VERY few failures period and a tranny is one that in 26 years of dealerships wrenching only saw 2 that were warranty. one was a KZ750E 81 model when you rode in 2nd it whined and the other was a Suzuki 750 01 model that poped out of 2nd and it was warranty. but not at first it was customer has to pay for tear down and if it was something caused by the factory then the factory would cover it. it acted just like someone had been to the track and powershifting (this is why you hear so many 2nd gear failures)
opon tear down I found the clip the holds the gear had slid back and allowed the gear to walk on the shaft. the factry coverd every thing including a new shaft.
In your case if they tear it down they have to find a cause and a part that failed so what was it?

After you have this info they call the Factory and tell them. This is why you are not warranty what the dealer said to Suzuki.
What did the dealer say?

The main Question is HAS IT BEEN ON A TRACK?

also 1500.00 to undercut a tranny?
rock.gif
? STEP AWAY FROM THE BOTTLE YOU HAD TOO MUCH.
it is like 400-500

great video looks like your havin lots of fun , that is exactly whats happening with my bike ! but ot only happened in second gear so they said that makes it a tranny problem and that if it was the clutch it would happen in every gear ? its not a bad skip i just know it doesnt belong there cause it didnt do it for the first three thousand miles then it started and over the next 2000 miles it got worse much lower iin the rpm maybe 4500 and then it started happening in turns at 3 to 4000 rpm basicaly second gear became useless , are you getting a ljumping feeling or like a ratchet skipping a tooth then grabbing again feeling ?

when they tore it down they said worn shift fork , the worst they have ever seen
rounded gear dogs again the worst they had seen
never been to the track, mostly two up riding with my wife and soft bags . besides the daily comute to work in long island traffic 1500 was the total price for the job tear down sending the gears to florida to be cut and the reassembly , it was 2200to rebuild it oem , even with the 400 dollar credit they were goin to give me gettin the tranny undercut seemed like i was gettin more for the money ?
they told me i was drag racing the bike and tryin to wheelie it ? so i am guessin that is what they relayed to suzuki ?

thanks jc for gettin in on this post ! you are obviously the man to talk to , and yes i have heard the factory defects line , it realy pisses me off ! but is there somthing else that could cause this , i was not doin what they said no power shifting no wheelies , i am the only one who has ridden the bike so the thing that realy gets me is that i havent done any of these things , so to me i still dont have an actual cause of the problem ? which makes me nutz thinkin that this could happen again? is the undercut trans the way to go for someone who doesnt drag race ? will it hold up to long distance rides ? with two up ridin and bags , i put 5000 miles on the bike in the first two months after purchase dont think i was on it for less than 100 miles at a time? i would like a reason to kick myself in the ass and say yup i did that and its my fault ?

are you getting a ljumping feeling or like a ratchet skipping a tooth then grabbing again feeling ?
Yeah, that's the feeling. It felt to me like a clutch slip but then again I tested it by putting her under load in a tall gear at slow speed and gassing it. No slip just pull, but it felt like a CS to me. JC may be right on that one and I just didn't upshift hard enough.
wink.gif

Thanks for taking a look JC!
thumbs-up.gif

I still think the warranty thing is BS and they should be taking care of this kind of stuff.

Nice video JT2,  The regrabbing I dont get though.

I think that has happened to me in the past as well.

Yesteday I was out on the Smith road doing some hard testing...all these tranny posts got me paranoid.   I ran the crap out of first and second many times and could not get it to happen. I was also probably shifting good because I was specifically looking for a trans problem.

The weak upshift sounds logical to me...I just wonder how many times a guy can get away with this before having to go in and fix something.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122218812 -->

i could go with the weak up shift if it happened within lets say first 1000 miles but three thousand miles without skipping a beat then i start weak shifting ?
wink.gif
my bike stays right in second after a skip ? i had too wait almost six months for my busa to arrive so i had lots of time to lurk on this board and read the warnings , clutchless shifting , false neutrals , and not shifting hard enough , so i cant go with that theory ?

who did the 600 mile service?
and I am sending you a PM I do not want it on the board you might have a leg yet to stand on. but it would not be warranty if the dealer siad you were racing or doing wheelies the factory as I said has to believe the dealer. also post the breakdown of the charges it you could something doesn't sound right, or if you prefer not to post email them

pm sent , didnt get a break down of charges ? i will get one when i pick up the bike , who knows when that will be ?

i did the 600 mile service , made an appointment couldnt get it in shop for 2 weeks , they kept calling i coughed up the 200 bucks for the service ! it was at like 850 miles! i have the oil and filters from the two oil changes i did ! no excessive metal in oil? i worked for ford doing alot of warranty work , and the #### i fixed to keep people happy ! but i gurss thats apples and oranges ?

Back