Tying down the Busa

So, I also needs some advice, I am going with a group of buddies on a trip this coming week and we are taking our bikes. I am the only sportbike (08 Busa) and we attempted to load all the bikes today and all seemed to be fine except mine (Since none have fairings). We could not figure out the best way to tie it down without putting a bunch of pressure on the fairings. :pullhair::pullhair:
So here is the situation, 24 foot enclosed trailer 5 bikes one up at the front parked horizontal and tied down, then the other 4 bike parked two by two. We have Pingel removable wheel chocks for all the bikes, my bike is one of the two in the front, then two behind. There are tie hooks on the floor of the trailer for each row of the bike. At the front of the bikes there is one next to the wall, one in the center and another next to the other wall (Same in the rear of the bikes). We were able to tie all of them down except mine because as mentioned we could not find the best way to tie it down. Since the area is so tight, when trying to tie down from the triple tree (Using those tie down loop style straps) the tie downs are pressed against the fairing since it is going almost straight down the side of the bike instead of an angle as normal when there is more space. We had the idea trying to put the loop straps on the T-Rex frame sliders since they were sticking out but I don't think it will help due to the location of the sliders and the center of gravity at that point. We also tried running the straps down the fork inside the gap between the fairing and the fork but it seemed to place pressure on the inside of the fairing versus the outside.
Do you guys think it will be secure using the method others have used by strapping it from the rear pulling it forward towards the wheel chock, and not put any straps on the front or the triple tree? I am not putting them on the handle bars as I have Heli-bars and don't want to ruin them. My worry trying the method I just mentioned is that this particular wheel chock is not as big as the others have used. I have one of the larger wheel chocks, but my buddy uses his trailer for transporting his race car so the chocks have to be removable. If I could find some quick release mounting brackets I could retrofit to my chock to make it removable that would be fine :easy:, but home depot does not carry anything like that. I found some online that I might be able to make work, but they would not get here in time. Anyhow, any suggestions will be appreciated, and apologies for the novel.

pindel_chock.jpg

Back