Tie-down a busa

helofltmech

Registered
I have a question. Does the handle grip tie down straps work good? I have the front chock, just wondering how and where you would tie down the busa. I have a 2007 busa and getting ready to haul it 2k miles. I just want to know the best way to tie it down and where. I was just worried that the handle tie downs would bend the bar. My trailer is a 5x8 enclosed...don't have the money for a new one.

Any help would be great. I just don't want the bike to come loose on the trip.

Thanks guys.

Helofltmech

I use a canyon dancer tie down / handle bar tie-down. Once my bike is loaded on the trailer and in the chock I put the strap on the bars and then use a set of tie downs to compress the forks. It causes no harm and completely secures the bike. It will not move secured this way.

For extra measures I tie the rear down using the passenger pegs.

I carry my bike this way once or more a week depending upon the racing schedule.

The only other precaution I would take is to peek at everything to make sure nothing has wiggled loose somehow during your fuel stops.

I have a condor front chock. Thanks, that helps. You think I should tie down the front for added safety for the long haul?

Thanks

I don't have a condor chock and I will be hauling my busa on my trailer for the first time with my setup and I'm going to be tieing down the front just for safety.

Canyon dancer bar harness and the lower triple trees for me on the front-- no matter what chock you use if god forbid the trailer rolls over- and I saw this in person- the front wheel WILL NOT stay in a Condor w/o Tiedowns. I always double up tiedowns- with my luck you can't be too careful. My T/h has HF chocks and they serve their purpose well.

By far the best wheel chock is the Baxley Sport Chock. You do not have to tie down the handle bars with this, just use two tie downs connect to the back of the bike and pull it forward to keep the back from moving. I pulled my bike last year 33K miles to AMA Dragbike races with these chocks.
http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Sportchock.html

If you absolutely have to pull the front handlebars down use the Canyon Dancer 2's not the original Canyon Dancers. The original ones will break the plastic positioning pin on your throttle housing everytime. ( I have sold so many of these throttle housing because of this it is not even funny, I can't count them all.) The Canyon Dancer 2 stops this from happening.
31b-n91jLnL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Just my two cents.

Me and my friends also use a wheel chock along with a handle bar strap when we have to tow our bikes. The handle bar strap will really help keep the possibility of damage to your fairings to a minimal. it is a really good investment if you plan on hauling your bike at all. :thumbsup:

I have a question. Does the handle grip tie down straps work good? I have the front chock, just wondering how and where you would tie down the busa. I have a 2007 busa and getting ready to haul it 2k miles. I just want to know the best way to tie it down and where. I was just worried that the handle tie downs would bend the bar. My trailer is a 5x8 enclosed...don't have the money for a new one.

Any help would be great. I just don't want the bike to come loose on the trip.

Thanks guys.

Helofltmech

Linky, 1000 miles, did not miss a beat and no wheel chock.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/121614-canyon-dancer-test-drive.html

By far the best wheel chock is the Baxley Sport Chock. You do not have to tie down the handle bars with this, just use two tie downs connect to the back of the bike and pull it forward to keep the back from moving. I pulled my bike last year 33K miles to AMA Dragbike races with these chocks.
Baxley Trailer Company

If you absolutely have to pull the front handlebars down use the Canyon Dancer 2's not the original Canyon Dancers. The original ones will break the plastic positioning pin on your throttle housing everytime. ( I have sold so many of these throttle housing because of this it is not even funny, I can't count them all.) The Canyon Dancer 2 stops this from happening.
31b-n91jLnL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Just my two cents.

I'm glad to hear that there is another Canyon Dancer series out. I ripped the positioning pin right off my control due to the Original Canyon Dancers.

Back