Tie downs for transporting

billyerds01

Registered
Just a quick question.

Should I use 500lb retractable ratchet tie downs with a break strength of 1500 lbs OR
1000lb ratchet tie downs with a break strength of 3000 lbs for transporting my busa in an enclosed trailer.

Thought the 1000lb tie downs are a little overkill and have a bulky ratchet.

Thanks.

The lighter ones are plenty. You're not going to support the entire weight of the bike and even if you take a tight turn you will never reach that break strength, even on a single strap.

When mouting the d-rings through the trailer ply board is it necessary/recommended to go through the trailer frame, or will it be ok to go through the plyboard with steel plates underneath without using the trailer frame for additional support?

me and dad use two of these per bike. i have the busa and he has a harley heritage and a big dog chopper. we take them to florida every year for bike week from kentucky in a inclosed trailer. we love them and they dont scratch the body or frames. this is what i recommend these for any motor cycle.

big daddy deluxe ones
Tie Downs

Thanks for the plug Darrell. Actually Takeuon, those ST stands are so sturdy that chock is really overkill.

Ian

I would use the frame of the trailer for extra support. You can never be to careful when transporting bikes. I would also recommend a canyon dancer to help secure the bike.

When mouting the d-rings through the trailer ply board is it necessary/recommended to go through the trailer frame, or will it be ok to go through the plyboard with steel plates underneath without using the trailer frame for additional support?
All you need is to strap the handle bars and put the kickstand dwn for safety and you should be good i use to deliver bikes for the dealership

Back