looking for tie downs

ajm

Registered
I am looking for the strap that goes across the handle bars to attach the tie down straps to. I don't know what to call it so I can find it. Can you help!

ajm

Canyon Dancer I think. Ping StreetnTrack. He should be able to hook you up.

Cycle Gear also carries them for $30. Charles at Street and Track will take care of you if he carries them. He'll give you a good price too. Personally I use the soft ties.

canyon dancer is what I use hauled my busa from Maryland to lubbock tx 1650+ miles no problem just be sure and get it tight enough

lurk.gif

+1 ONT HE CANYON DANCER. I DID JSUT BUY SOME TIE DOWN EXTENSIONS AND IM THINKIN OF TRYING THOSE OUT SINCE THEY WONT BE SO CLOSE TO MY FAIRINGS WHEN CLAMPIN HER DOWN. I TOO HAD THE ISSUE OF THE CANYON DANCER RUBBING THE TOP EDGES OF MY SIDE FAIRINGS. TO SOLVE THE ISSUE I JUST STUCK A POLISHING PAD BETWEEN THE STRAP AND THE BIKE AND ALL WAS WELL. THE TIE DOWN EXTENSIONS I GOT WERE ANCRA'S AND THEY COST ME A WHOLE 6 BUCKS. I THINK I GOT MY CANYON DANCER FROM A LOCAL SHOP FOR 25 BUCKS.

Canyon Dancer works fine here, put a rag under the strap where it touches the plastic.

I have 4 black ones in stock, 2 long & 2 short for lowered bikes..lmk and can ship today.

+1 on the canyon dancer... those that have had problems with them rubbing their plastics is because they probably didnt have an option on where to put the other end of the tie down. If its to low the straps will rub your fairings. If your not limited on where you can tie down a canyon dancer should be just fine. I brought my bike on a open bed U-Haul trailer from Cali to TX with the bars straped with one and a cargo strap holding down the back tire with no problems at all.

Mackie Enterprises, has just about any thing you would need to haul your bike!

Link

I used canyon dancers from Central Texas to NW ark. with no problems. Will be using them again shortly. Just watch where you let the straps hang. Thanks Hal.
beerchug.gif

Back