Bike tie down i thought i seen posted on the org

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
So I thought I seen it on here quite awhile back but haven't had any luck finding it. I recall a discussion about a tie down that was made to go thru the swingarm bolt with rings on either side to strap too. Does anyone remember this post or has anyone used something that is like that??

Tried all sorts of webbed tie-down solutions for inside a van. The Pit Bull TRS @bigoltool mentions above, at about $400 USD (excluding the bike-specific axle pins) is worth every penny. Roll the bike in, lock it down, you're done. LOVE this config. Won't go back. One system, multiple bikes. Axle pins cost about $50.

IMG_6377.JPEG

EDIT: I mean one system, multiple bikes, but one bike at a time:firing:
EDIT02: The DIY plywood allows me to pull the whole system out of the van and no holes drilled into the floor

No
What holds the bike up while I get off and put the rear stand in? what do I have to "ride over"?
Gothcha
Maybe @HayaWakened will post more details?
If I had to guess, possibly up the ramp, through the rear stand and into a front wheel chock, and then push the rod through the axle?
He track rides his bike too, so I don't think he has a kickstand either??
I know you wouldn't for LSR.

This?
No one seen these and this would be the ideal thing but the one I was thinking of goes thru the swingarm pivot bolt ( I should of been more specific :banghead:) it was basically a piece of threaded rod that ran thru there with rings that attached in either side. Me and a buddy are in the process of trying to make something along those lines and I was hoping for some feedback. Basically the idea is to put the front tire in a wheel chock and then secure it with a couple straps to the rings.

You can attach the TRS axle component to the bike while it's on a rear stand. That's what the (included) bungy is for: pop the unit into the axle then pivot up and attach to something so you can wheel the bike around. There's a bunch of vids

LOL yeah I still got a kickstand. I'm more like a wannabe track rider. Ran those teflon Michelin's in the pic at the track

No
What holds the bike up while I get off and put the rear stand in? what do I have to "ride over"?
If you're talking about the Pit Bull Trailer Restraint, you hold the bike up. The stand is already attached to the bike and held up by the included bungee. You just unhook the bungee and lower it and it will slide right into the locks. I wouldn't try to ride up the ramp with the bike, just push it up. It's easy if your park the trailer on a small decline but anyone can push a busa up a trailer ramp with a quick walking pace before you get there. You could ride it up if your weight doesn't compress the suspension so much you hit the bike as you're going over the top of the ramp. Then get off and lower the bar into the clamps. It's not easy to get the bike lined up perfectly so that the trailer restraint locks right in but you get the hang of it. Just don't back down the ramp with the stand lowered, it has little wheels so you can roll it behind the bike. If you back down the ramp with the stand lowered off teh bungee, the handle will scrape the pavement. You can roll up with the stand lowered just don't roll back down unless you raise the stand and bungee it.

Back