Two Years Ago... (the end of my first 06LE)

Glad you have recovered from that mess. Think that's the first time I had heard of that accident.

The motorcycle 'Circle of Life' :beerchug:

Wasn't this guy that hit YOU, complaining about HIS rims in his car?!?

Yeah...he was all pi$$ed at me, according to Jim, for having screwed up his new rims. He even reportedly said something to the cop because it showed up in the report.

What a tool...

Glad you have recovered from that mess. Think that's the first time I had heard of that accident.

It happened some six months before I became a member here... Not a source of great pride for me...

And I agree wholeheartedly with Adam (wingding) (even though I busted his chops for it :laugh:), it's practically nauseating to see a busa laying on her side.

Hey how much money did you get? Is that why you play all day, every day?!!

(pretending its my business...:laugh:)

Dang man. Those are some depressing photos. Something about a bike on its side is just sad. Glad it wasnt any worse and you were able to get a good "replacement" so fast:beerchug:

Man your shoulder looks JACKED UP

Hey how much money did you get? Is that why you play all day, every day?!!

(pretending its my business...:laugh:)

(Me, pretending I didn't see your post...:laugh:) We can talk about it later, Adam.

You know I wrecked my 06 LE and had that very same tank pad.....coincidence ??? I think not...glad you made it through ok though...I walked away with some narley road rash along with screw and plate hadrware in me ankle :thumbsup: :banghead:

Last edited:
You know I wrecked my 06 LE and had that very same tank pad.....coincidence ??? I think not...glad you made it through ok though...I walked away with some narley road rash along with screw and plate hadrware in me ankle :thumbsup: :banghead:

Sorry to hear about your ankle, bro. Does it affect your riding at all?

Sorry to hear about your ankle, bro. Does it affect your riding at all?

It did at first, 3 months prior to the accident I had ACL replacement surgery too, so needless to say I was having a heck of a time when I first got back on the bike....for the most part I'm good, I purchased some Gilles rear sets and they help alot, still havent found my sweet spot with them yet...gonna toy with them more over the off season and really try and find the best spot

Glad you made it out of that mess OK! I had no idea..............
Anyway, I treated my crashed Gixxer with the same attitude that you did, "if she's down, ain't no way anyone can get her back to perfection again"! So, I took insurance money in hand after finally talking them into a "totaled" way of thought and bought me the Silver Bullet.

Glad you made it out of that mess OK! I had no idea..............
Anyway, I treated my crashed Gixxer with the same attitude that you did, "if she's down, ain't no way anyone can get her back to perfection again"! So, I took insurance money in hand after finally talking them into a "totaled" way of thought and bought me the Silver Bullet.

Thanks, Jimbo. Much obliged. (Off topic...have you been able to put your hands on those 'treasure maps'?) War and I are about to do some fancy foot-work on the site and I'd like to have those available for our next update. Let me know, if you can... and THANKS!

(Me, pretending I didn't see your post...:laugh:) We can talk about it later, Adam.

Give us a ballpark? I wrecked out in a very similar fashion with similar injuries and I am less then pleased with the offered settlement.

Give us a ballpark? I wrecked out in a very similar fashion with similar injuries and I am less then pleased with the offered settlement.

I'm happy to talk to you about it, bro, but I'm not putting anything up publicly. I'm sure you understand how all that works.

I'll PM you my cell# and e-mail address (which I think you already have) and we can talk. If any information I have is of benefit to you, then I'm all about helping.

:beerchug:

Now, I might get flamed for this, but I didn't want her after this. The shop to which I took her (Lee's Cycle Racing) asked me...and I said... And so, she was totaled. I'm confident the bike was snagged up at auction and is still more than likely somewhere on the road...I hope so, anyway.

I did the same thing with the dealers estimate thing. As far as the actual condition of the bike, I know what you mean, it's been tainted and it's a reminder.

5-2-08 crash 015.jpg

Last edited:
Dayum bro. That doesn't look all that fun. Glad you made it thru aight.:bowdown:

Glad to see you came out of that mess okay and are still riding today. Those pics of the bike on its side is a painful thing to look at and I can understand why you wanted to let the bike go. Can't believe that guy was worried about his car...what an assclown. Hope the settlement was considerably more than his rims and taught him a few lessons.

Back