Turkey (

wow, not sure if he was lucky or not... glad he was able to stand at least... Best wishes!

Not sure??? I consider him lucky in that he was fully geared I doubt he would have been standing there like that with shorts,flip flops, sunglasses gear setup:poke:

Did the turkey take him out or did he over do the binders? I am likely to have a turkey encounter here, or deer,or squirrel, or bear or vulture or coyote or fox or groundhog or ...:whistle:

Last edited:
Did the turkey take him out or did he over do the binders? I am likely to have a turkey encounter here, or deer,or squirrel, or bear or vulture or coyote or fox or groundhog or ...:whistle:

He hit Turkey Lurkey, killing it, and causing him to get into the soft-shoulder stuff before he hit the stone wall and bounced back onto the pavement.

Be careful out there, yo. :beerchug:

That's a large bird! He actually doesn't look too bad off in the pic, but I'm sure he is in pain. Glad it wasn't any worse.

What's kinda whack is that he was wearing the identical helmet I had on. Figure the nearly infinitessimal odds of that.

Wow, I wonder how the local disposed of the carcass? Dinner maybe? Banner Grade is tricky and nothing but tight turns good thing he didnt' go over the side. Going up the South Grade at Palomar I have actually had to stop and shoo the turkey's out of the road. Fearless, almost became our national bird!

dang thats the hard way to get a turkey, sux i hope the guy is ok...

This bird stuff sucks....Scar, you are the MAN :bowdown:! We all need a rider like you in the pack so would you consider giving up all your awesome riding country and moving to FL? I need you on our rides! Good luck Marine, we all hope you are fine and on two wheels very soon! I thought birds only took down planes? Didn't think they would attack us too! Sonsabirds!!

Dave

This bird stuff sucks....Scar, you are the MAN :bowdown:! We all need a rider like you in the pack so would you consider giving up all your awesome riding country and moving to FL? I need you on our rides! Good luck Marine, we all hope you are fine and on two wheels very soon! I thought birds only took down planes? Didn't think they would attack us too! Sonsabirds!!

Dave

Thanks, bro...much obliged...

I won't give up the roads here, but would rather invite you to join us on them... :beerchug:

Thanks, bro...much obliged...

I won't give up the roads here, but would rather invite you to join us on them... :beerchug:

And I know how you would get your bike to Cali if you were in FL. You are truly an amazing and dedicated rider. I hope to one day join you guys out there to meet you in person and share some awesome riding experiences with those of you I consider to be some of the greatest talent and coolest people on two wheels. :bowdown:

Dave

Wow, I wonder how the local disposed of the carcass? Dinner maybe? Banner Grade is tricky and nothing but tight turns good thing he didnt' go over the side. Going up the South Grade at Palomar I have actually had to stop and shoo the turkey's out of the road. Fearless, almost became our national bird!

We talked about dinner, Dennis...but wonder how you would know whether or not the bird was diseased... :dunno:

Fearless = predominantly stupid in this case...:rofl:

Look forward to seeing you Saturday...:beerchug:

And I know how you would get your bike to Cali if you were in FL. You are truly an amazing and dedicated rider. I hope to one day join you guys out there to meet you in person and share some awesome riding experiences with those of you I consider to be some of the greatest talent and coolest people on two wheels. :bowdown:

Dave

With friends like these, how can you not LOVE this sport/lifestyle?

Thank you very kindly, Dave. I'm really verklempt. <==:rofl: (old Saturday Night Live reference)

Last edited:
WOW he sure was lucky to be standing, just two questions though;
1-How do those '09 R1s go compared to Busas?
2-didnt anyone take that turkey for dinner ???

You can usually tell if a bird is diseased once you gut them. But out in that heat you'd want to put it on ice with in a hour or so.

Back