watch out for those....turkeys

jwest

Registered
on my way home from an afternoon drive around the lakes here in NY i was on my last leg of the journey going over the hills to get home...well i noticed this black mass entering the road...click the video to see the road block....lol

- turkeys cross road.avi[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a guy who had a turkey jump out in front of him on his R1. he hit it at 130mph with no helmet on. farmer found him in the middle of a field... if I remember correctly he has bit of a mental disability now. He was doing really bad for a while after the crash and spent alot of time in the hospital.

it was in the hills between watkins glen and horseheads ny...

hard to tell in the video but there were mostly small new birds in the group...i thought it was funny how many also and how not bothered by me they were..

and yes wild turkey is very tasty...lol

I see lots of wild turkeys around here as well and the adults are very, very big. Those suckers hit you at speed and you are going arse over teakettle off the back of the busa! Couple of weeks ago I had three head out onto the road in front of me when I was going pretty quick....lucky I saw them in advance down the highway and was able to back out of the throttle and avoid contact. My guess is they aren't the brightest birds in the world either so you have to avoid them as opposed to them avoiding you.

Back